DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-11 09:33 pm

pelicans
Swilly

credit card payment

I signed up my son for summer camp.  When it came time to pay by credit card, the system put in his name as the person authorizing payment.  Not likely -- he's 11.  There was no possibility of changing the name to mine.  Nevertheless, the transaction was approved.  This could use some tweaking!

#2 2006-05-12 10:02 am

jonas
Scoober

Re: credit card payment

pelicans :

I signed up my son for summer camp.  When it came time to pay by credit card, the system put in his name as the person authorizing payment.  Not likely -- he's 11.  There was no possibility of changing the name to mine.  Nevertheless, the transaction was approved.  This could use some tweaking!

Thanks for the feedback.  The credit card payment system has been changed to allow you to change the billing name if you need to change it.  Sorry about the confusion.

-j

#3 2006-06-02 12:35 pm

Elizabeth Mader

With regards to credit card info.  I went to sign up for summer hat and was disturbed to discover that all of my billing address information had been saved with my credit card number. My transaction was approved, without ever being able to check that the address was correct. 

I have two issues with this.  1) I never gave permission for that information to be stored between uses.  2) I have moved recently, and don't remember what the billing address I last imput was and I didn't see any way to change it.

Please rectify.

Thanks!

#4 2006-06-02 02:51 pm

bunny
Executive Director
Website

Elizabeth Mader :

With regards to credit card info.  I went to sign up for summer hat and was disturbed to discover that all of my billing address information had been saved with my credit card number. My transaction was approved, without ever being able to check that the address was correct. 

I have two issues with this.  1) I never gave permission for that information to be stored between uses.  2) I have moved recently, and don't remember what the billing address I last imput was and I didn't see any way to change it.

Please rectify.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for signing up for the Summer Hat League!

Please be assured that DiscNW does not store any credit card information. 

Our credit card processing does not require a billing address (much like transactions at your local restaurant or grocery store).   So, we do not ask for one when accepting online payments, and thus, do not need to verify a correct one.

For more about our privacy policy please visit this page...
http://www.discnw.org/about/privacy.html

Sorry for the confusion.  If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at ed@discnw.org.

Sincerely,
William Bartram
Executive Director, DiscNW

William Bartram

#5 2006-06-02 02:53 pm

bunny
Executive Director
Website

I should add that general inquires and problems with credit card procssing can be directed to payments@discnw.org.

William Bartram

Board footer