DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-29 08:56 pm

franknam
Air Bounce

Spring League Predictions - Vegas Style

Ok so I lied. This post has nothing to do with Spring League predictions.

But since you're here let me take this small moment of your time to talk about something very important.

YOUTH ULTIMATE

Seattle has tons of middle school and high school teams that would greatly benefit from the help of an experienced adult coach or assistant coach.  If you have afternoons/weekends free for 1 or 2 practices a week plus a game on weeknights or weekends please contact me at youth.coordinator@discnw.org.

And a big big THANK YOU for all those who are already coaching or have coached in the past. There are few things better than watching young players cheer in unison when their teammate lays out for a disc or scores for the first time in a game. Ask any current or former coach and they'll say the same.

Give the gift of ultimate this season... it's a gift that'll keep on giving. I don't know what that means but it sounds pretty awesome on a hallmark card.

Frank

Last edited by franknam (2007-02-01 09:04 pm)

Support Youth Ultimate - Be a Coach!

#2 2007-01-30 05:40 pm

Disc Warrior
Flick

Re: Spring League Predictions - Vegas Style

I predict that in its second year the Edmonds-Woodway team finishes at the top of the Coed League Standings

#3 2007-02-03 10:58 am

lindsey
Swilly

well... i dunno about coed. but Edmonds-Woodway is going to own in the single gender league. i mean, come on, they have HANNAH JONES!!.

and she is just too cool.

#4 2007-02-04 12:32 pm

frisbeejohnson
High Release

What about the inaugural elementary school league? Do all teams have coaches or is there any need? That is the 3rd-5th grade league I see listed on discnw.

That is awesome development. Hats off to all who are doing such great work.

#5 2007-02-04 12:55 pm

franknam
Air Bounce

We will most likely need a number of assistants and coaches for the inaugural elementary school league as well as for the middle and high school ones! In a couple of weeks I'm sure I'll be flooded with requests from schools/teams about getting them help in the form of coaches. Keep your eyes open for those announcements/postings!

Support Youth Ultimate - Be a Coach!

Board footer