DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-10 09:33 am

MC

Sand Point Fields

When the heck are they going to re-open?  I'm tired of hitching rides/driving to games!  If it isn't convenient, I'm less likely to play.

#2 2006-05-10 12:25 pm

bunny
Executive Director
Website

Re: Sand Point Fields

MC :

When the heck are they going to re-open?  I'm tired of hitching rides/driving to games!  If it isn't convenient, I'm less likely to play.

The Magnuson Sports Meadow is scheduled to reopen this fall!  It's been leveled and reseeded and looks great.

The Sand Point side of things will re-open in 3 phases.  We'll be posting news about that on the Field Advocacy page later this week.

William Bartram
Executive Director, DiscNW

#3 2006-05-10 04:58 pm

chrisburke
Push Pass

Yes, the sports meadow will open this fall.  That will be great, and will solve all our problems, right?

Unlikely.  Magnuson will be only slightly more than another field in the mix.  DiscNW runs 5 leagues in the spring, 6 in the summer, 4 in the fall.  Even if we got Magnuson whenever we wanted, we could not put all our operations there.  And there will be 10 other sports groups demanding time on the sports meadow.  We'll be lucky to put more than 1 league per season there.

Anyway, do you live next to Magnuson, Mr. MC Guest?  If you live anywhere else, you still have to travel to get to Magnuson.  I doubt a Redmond resident sees much difference between driving to Magnuson and driving to Shoreline.

That said, it will be nice to have Magnuson back, and it will be very nice to have a whole lot of frisbee going on at one time, in one place, occasionally.

C

#4 2006-05-10 10:24 pm

Greg Barnes
Hammer

In case you don't obsessively read the Seattle DPD bulletins, the next phase of the Magnuson fields was approved.  See <http://web1.seattle.gov/dpd/luib/Notice.aspx?id=2267"> (click on View Decision.pdf for the long-winded version, including a bureaucratic summary of the April 25 meeting.

Last edited by Greg Barnes (2006-05-10 10:27 pm)

#5 2006-12-07 03:41 am

Mandy Mayday
Backhand

Hi!!!
This is an interesting communication, makes me homesick. Used to live in Seattle during the Eighties, now Im working in a Bakery in Copenhagen. Which isnt exactely the same...

Board footer