DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-03 05:28 pm

lisa.phillips06
Swilly

Any fall teams need a female sub / occasional pickup? Just moved here!

Hi! I just moved here from Boston two weeks ago and would love to throw some discs and get into this great Ultimate community everyone talks about in Seattle.  I realize I'm a little late for Fall league - but if anyone has some female injuries / needs a sub sometimes, I'd love to pickup with a team!

Let's see - 5'3'', 28 yrs old, lefty cutter, played BUDA club leagues year-round in Boston  and also on Boston Vice, which is a women's team that is more casual than the heavyweight clubs in the area but always made NE Regionals (and has some A+ Joe Biden jerseys). Usually I'd say I'm speedy.  But I'm very likely out of frisbee shape after taking 2 months off during an extended cross-country moving process.  Working on it.

I live near Magnuson Park if that's important, but I have car, will travel. Looking for a fun team and to meet some people around here.  If you like to get food/drinks after games, that's cool.  I like that too.

#2 2016-10-05 01:07 pm

stdunham
Backhand

Re: Any fall teams need a female sub / occasional pickup? Just moved here!

Join us for pick-up Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6pm and Saturday afternoons at 2pm. Weekdays have just moved to Dahl field to take advantage of the lights, while Saturdays are on the Magnuson Sports Meadow. More info at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeattlePickup. The group also has a league team that could always use more women players. Post on the facebook page to make connection.

#3 2016-10-05 06:35 pm

AndyO
Scoober

Dahl field pickup lives?!  That used to rock about 10 years ago.  Sweet!

used to be fast, now I'm just old

#4 2016-10-06 09:19 am

stammkr
Swilly

Hey Lisa,
My team is looking for a woman to come play with us! I sent you a message.
Kelly

#5 2016-10-06 12:01 pm

lisa.phillips06
Swilly

Cool, thanks for the head's up about Magnuson pickup on Saturdays, I'll definitely come out. Kelly, emailing you now!

Board footer