DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-19 10:00 pm

jcw
Air Bounce

Time-Outs, Again... Still

Why do coordinators insist on mentioning some sort of variation on time-out rules? I am especially perplexed by a mention of time-outs that are pretty much the same as the 11th edition.

Take men for all seasons. Two time outs per half is listed. Well that's the same as the 11th edition. The coordinators tinkered with the length of the time out. Why bother changing the length of the time-out from 70 to 90?

In the tournament, someone will insist that there are only two time-outs per half. But if there is overtime, which the tournament rules don't specifically address, someone will be sure to imply that the "floater" doesn't exist for this tournament. Cue argument about whether there is a turnover when there is a cap/OT. (The correct answer is "not necessarily".)

Game totals and time limits are about the only thing a coordinator needs to tweak unless you're doing something like Gnarly Nines. My request is to just leave time-outs alone.

Does anyone else feel that the end of the game of ultimate is the screwiest thing about this sport?

Jason

Last edited by jcw (2015-05-19 10:01 pm)

#2 2015-06-05 09:55 pm

bil
High Release

Re: Time-Outs, Again... Still

Sounds like you should be an observer!

#3 2015-06-22 05:22 pm

jcw
Air Bounce

Re: Time-Outs, Again... Still

I hadn't read this before you talked to me at regionals. Touche!

Board footer