DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-02 03:24 pm

smileyy
Swilly

Looking for Winter League team -- Male, 38, 6'2" cutter

I'm new to DiscNW, but not new to the sport.  I'm old >.<  I played for about 10 years, but am returning to the sport after about a 10 year layoff. 

Back then my level of play was a role player at a competitive level -- college nationals in college (Oberlin College), club regionals afterwards.  Temper your expectations as this was 12+ years ago in the midwest, which was...well, not one of the better regions in the country.

I have good throwing fundamentals -- low releases, break mark throws, etc., but I'm still shaking off rust, and my deep throws need work.  I have a good field sense and vision.  Working on my deep cut timing, but still come underneath really well, and have solid hands for difficult / high pressure catches and catches in traffic.  I've got decent height and wingspan and have good body control in the air.  My vert isn't what it used to be though, and my reads are still rusty.  But Winter League seems like a place to work on all these things, right?

I have no idea what the levels of play are like in Winter League, but I think I'm looking for something that's on the medium-competitive side with people who are experienced in playing the game and want to play hard and feel good about it after the game, win or lose.

Let me know if you'd like to play with someone like me.  Maybe we can go out and throw some day that it's not too cold out.

love,
smileyy
smileyy@gmail.com

Last edited by smileyy (2014-12-02 03:24 pm)

Board footer