DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-30 01:02 pm

Katja_Aspect
Swilly

Santiago from Colombia coming to Seattle

Dear Ultimate Frisbee community,

I am Katja from Aspect Foundation student exchange and I am reaching out to you with a bit of an unusual question: I'm trying to find a host family for an exchange student from Colombia who will be coming to study in the United States for the 2014-2015 school year. Santiago greatly enjoys playing Ultimate Frisbee so I think he would make a wonderful addition to a DiscNW family. Santiago also loves all sorts of other outdoor activities, such as hiking, swimming and playing soccer and he especially loves being a DJ and producing music. His parents describe him as friendly, responsible and always very passionate about everything he does. Santiago hopes to be a music producer when he grows up, so he is excited to have the chance to perfect his English! We have a very brief profile set up for Santiago here:

http://services.aspectfoundation.org/st … -COL-512-M

Federal regulations prevent us from sharing any more details about Santiago with the general public. If anyone in the Ultimate Frisbee community is potentially interested in hosting him, we ask that you please fill out an inquiry on our homepage:

http://services.aspectfoundation.org/hf … hf_inquiry

Once your family has been screened, you can view Santiago’s full application along with his pictures. In the meantime, you can also read Santiago’s letter on his public profile.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about hosting Santiago or about the general idea of hosting a foreign exchange student. You can reach me by phone at 800-879-6884 or by email at foundation@aspectfoundation.org. The Aspect Foundation has been promoting cross-cultural engagement through study abroad for 30 years.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to reach out to you! I greatly appreciate your consideration and am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Katja

#2 2014-08-05 09:59 am

Katja_Aspect
Swilly

Re: Santiago from Colombia coming to Seattle

Dear Ultimate Frisbee community,

If your family is interested in hosting Santiago, but quite understandably hesitates to commit for the entire school year, I forgot to let you know that there is also the possibility of helping Santiago get settled at school and in the community by hosting him for the first 4-6 weeks as a Welcome Family.

I am looking forward to answering any further questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Katja

Board footer