DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-22 01:01 pm

neilacarter
Blade

Seeking gently used discs for charity

Hello Disc Community!
I am hoping to tap into the Spirit of charity amongst our thriving community, and ask for your help in spreading the game of Ultimate to children who wouldn't otherwise be exposed to the sport we love.

This fall my wife and I will embark on a 14 month sailing trip leaving Seattle and heading to Australia.  Along the way we will sail down the West Coast of America, down Mexico and Central America to Panama, and then South West to the South Pacific Islands.

We will be stopping in many countries along the way where it is customary to bring a gift to a community or tribal leader.  Often, sailors bring staples like flour, sugar, fabric, or school supplies.  We already have plans for this, but one area that is commonly overlooked is the children in these locations.  I would like to bring Frisbees to these children and teach them some of the basics of how to play the game.

I'm hoping that members of this community would be willing to donate their gently used (but still serviceable) discs to this cause.  If you are a team captain, it would be really incredible if you could speak to your teams about this and help collect gently used discs.  I can then work with you to pick them up.

If you have any questions, reach out to me at neilacarter@hotmail.com.

Best,
Neil

Board footer