You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Player iCal not public so can't subscribe

#1 2014-06-10 09:21 pm

periquack
Swilly

Player iCal not public so can't subscribe

When trying to subscribe to the iCal found on my player profile, I get an error from outlook.com:
"It looks like this is a private calendar and you don't have permission to view it. The owner will need to make this calendar public before you can subscribe to it."

I can successfully subscribe to the team calendars individually, but it would be awesome to only have to subscribe to one and have it update for all my teams and seasons.

Is there a workaround?

#2 2014-06-11 07:52 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

Re: Player iCal not public so can't subscribe

One workaround is to edit your profile and uncheck the "tell search engines not to index my player page" checkbox.  When that box is checked, only logged-in users can view your player page (this includes your game schedule). Currently the ical version of the schedule enforces the same restriction which, as you note, makes the ical version mostly useless in that case.  Unchecking that box obviously has the side effect that search engines may start indexing your player page.

The real fix (still to be implemented on our end) would be to make the ical url unguessable by including some sort of secret token in it.  (It may be some time before this gets implemented, however.)

#3 2014-06-20 01:15 pm

periquack
Swilly

Re: Player iCal not public so can't subscribe

Thanks for the info, dairiki! I'd love to see a real fix implemented eventually for better privacy control, but for now, this works.

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Player iCal not public so can't subscribe

Board footer