DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-18 09:24 am

Ian
High Release

Rostermanager down?

Anybody have any idea why Rostermanager.com has been unavailable for the past few weeks?  I use it to organize Toolbox, and would greatly like to see it return...

Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions of other online roster and schedule-management tools?

#2 2013-09-24 09:10 pm

ranunculus
High Release

Re: Rostermanager down?

No idea. I emailed Shiney who created/used to manage it but no response. It still works here on discnw for some reason. I've resorted to (hopefully temporarily) just using google calendar. Sportsvite might be another option but I'm loath to make folks sign up for yet another service.

Last edited by ranunculus (2013-09-24 09:10 pm)

#3 2013-09-25 08:35 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

The "rostermanager" here on discnw.org was created by Shiney, but has always been a separate service (reduced feature set, no sharing of data) from rostermanager.com.

What features do you need that the discnw version does not provide?  (Not that Im promising anything.)

#4 2013-09-26 07:58 am

dlev
Flick

Jeff: If there were yes/no links in the email so you could respond in 1 click without needing to login, that would put it over the top for me.

#5 2013-09-26 03:33 pm

Ian
High Release

I was using rostermanger (the actual website, not embedded DiscNW feature) for rsvp's to both practices and games, as well as to host polls. Being able to add my own content is the biggest thing the DiscNW version lacks.

I've just started using Team Cowboy as a replacement, and so far I like it quite a bit. It has a ton more customization and functionality, including a tool to track who has paid and who hasn't. Very useful for league fees...

Last edited by Ian (2013-09-26 03:35 pm)

#6 2013-09-27 11:24 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

dlev :

Jeff: If there were yes/no links in the email so you could respond in 1 click without needing to login, that would put it over the top for me.

Thanks, Dan great idea.  "We" (meaning "I") am currently working on a major rewrite, hopefully to start rolling out early next year.  When I get around to re-implementing the reminder mailer (in a few months) this should be an easy feature to add.

#7 2013-09-27 11:31 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

Ian :

I've just started using Team Cowboy as a replacement, and so far I like it quite a bit.

I'm glad you've found a replacement.

FWIW, I remember that (around the time that Shiney rolled-out rostermanager) people were also using OrangeSlices.  It still seems to be around.  (I've never used it and don't know much about it.)

#8 2014-06-13 08:43 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

dairiki :

dlev :

Thanks, Dan great idea.  "We" (meaning "I") am currently working on a major rewrite, hopefully to start rolling out early next year.  When I get around to re-implementing the reminder mailer (in a few months) this should be an easy feature to add.

(Almost) this has just been rolled out.  Game reminder now include a link which gets you to the RSVP form no need to log in.

Board footer