DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-11 04:32 pm

jcw
Air Bounce

BB is Dead, Long Live BB

It's about time you axed that old bulletin board.  Please don't bring it back this time.

jcw

#2 2006-05-11 06:35 pm

Edward
Push Pass

Re: BB is Dead, Long Live BB

the board is dead!  long live the board!

#3 2006-05-12 09:50 am

Andres

I really like the BB.  People used it and liked it.  Sometimes newer and more feature rich isn't what people want...  The forum functionality might be kickass, but people didn't use it.  Bring back old reliable...

#4 2006-05-12 11:26 am

appleshampoo
Air Bounce

The old BB was a trainwreck..it was impossible to hold an ongoing conversation (i.e. a thread) and there was no way to tell who was saying what.  Also, it was confusing having both the Bulletin Board and the Ikonboard.  If you bring back the BB, then axe this new thing...although I'd be strongly against that.

I don't think anyone should have a problem moving on...besides, this is one of the simplest message boards out there!  It's not hard to use at all.

Of course I'm new around here...but that's my take.

Also known as Walnut, or Philbrook

#5 2006-05-14 10:15 pm

SeanR
Swilly

I hope people start using the forum because the old BB was terrible.

#6 2006-05-15 01:44 am

appleshampoo
Air Bounce

I'm pretty sure that already this forum is being used as much as the old BB and way more than the old Ikonboard.

#7 2006-05-15 08:30 am

Turbo
Air Bounce

I hope people use this, too, but there was something about the simplicity of the old bulletin board in that it allowed quick access to all recent posts. This and the Ikon board do not. A lot more searching has to be done to find the information. That's my guess why they aren't used as frequently.

#8 2006-05-15 09:52 am

appleshampoo
Air Bounce

Turbo :

I hope people use this, too, but there was something about the simplicity of the old bulletin board in that it allowed quick access to all recent posts. This and the Ikon board do not. A lot more searching has to be done to find the information. That's my guess why they aren't used as frequently.

There is the "show new posts since last visit" feature, which I think works pretty well.  Granted, it requires that you have registered and logged in, so you're correct in that it's not as bang-bang quick as the old BB.

Board footer