Website

This site rocks!

Praise away...

"This is why I'm hot."

#2 2006-05-10 07:54 am

DCExpat
Flick

Re: This site rocks!

I like your avatar, Manzell.  Who is it?

#3 2006-05-10 10:18 am

manzell
Greatest
Website

I am my own avatar, can't you tell?

"This is why I'm hot."

#4 2006-05-11 07:06 am

uwJames
High Release

This site looks great!  Hey remember the old NES game, Ultima IV, Quest for the Avatar?  Do you have some sort of cell shading filter for Photoshop?

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all." -Douglas Adams

#5 2006-05-11 09:27 am

Greg Barnes
Hammer

uwJames :

This site looks great!  Hey remember the old NES game, Ultima IV, Quest for the Avatar?  Do you have some sort of cell shading filter for Photoshop?

I remember playing Ultima IV on my Commodore 64, which I guess just explains why I'm eligible for Masters League.

#6 2006-05-14 07:21 pm

uwJames
High Release

Yes before Nintendo 64.. there was Commodore 64.  As in 1964 right?  Oh yeah, Go Warped!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all." -Douglas Adams

#7 2006-07-26 11:59 am

barney
DiscNW Board Member

I'm just going to get into the habit of posting my ideas for website stuff I think would be helpful. 

I'm really pleased about the new website and believe it can/will play a critical role in our efforts to expand our internal capacity to recruit volunteers, inform our community and basically get done all the important and exciting stuff we always talk about but never seem to get done.

As soon as the coordinator position descriptions are ready, I'd like to see them posted.   Bunny's been working on these, and they should be done in Augus.  For Mike S's position, can we make the words "Fields Advocacy Coordinator" a hyperlink to the description of his job?  As the others are available, can we do the same?

I would also like it to be clear that we are compensating some volunteers with stipends.  Even though its not much money, I think it could only help that we mention what kind of appreciation we give to folks.

okay,
see ya
barney

#8 2006-07-31 12:27 pm

barney
DiscNW Board Member

I'm trying to guage interest and feasibility in a feature that would facilitate ride sharing.
Unfortunately, I have little more than the intention. 

Does anyone have an idea how we could make it easier for people to find rideshares with people on opposing teams, to tournaments, etc.  The current method of posting to a space full of different subject matter doesn't seem useful.

anyone have thoughts on this?

Board footer