DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-21 03:07 pm

ColinI
Flick

Grandmaster tournaments in 2016!!!

Hello fellow OLD ultimate players from the Northwest region!  (Youngsters may wish to ignore this post)

I'm trying to form a pool of grandmaster ultimate players (men who will be 40 or older and women who will be 37 or older by the end of 2016) who may be interested in playing in one or more tournaments over the next year, around the continent that are specifically limited to the more mature players.  There are even some great-grandmaster tournaments now for people 50 or older!  Obviously most of us can not travel all the time to make it to every tournament, but for those who are interested, it would be nice to have a group of possibly familiar players who are at least from the same region, to group together to form a team, or a core of a team for one or more tournaments.  The Northwest is now defined as including residents of the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, as well as the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.  If you know of anyone of grandmaster age from other parts of the region who might be interested, please have them contact me and I can get them included as well. 

I have created a spreadsheet with some of the grandmaster tournaments of which I'm aware, with locations as well as dates as best I know them (if they've been announced).  If you are aware of another tournament and would like to have a regional grandmaster team compete, please feel free to add it to the spreadsheet, or let me know so I can add it. I had the opportunity to participate in some of these tournaments last year and it was very enjoyable, but I think it would have been even better to have complete teams with players we know as opposed to having to pick up with a random team.  Often the destinations are cool places where one's family could partake of the local culture whilst one is playing.

Some people have shown some interest in creating a grandmaster tournament in the NW region.  If helping organize such a tournament interests you, please let me know.

Below is the link to the spreadsheet.  Please add your name and info, and for whichever tournament you may be considering, please put the percent committed in the space (100 means you are definitely going, 0 means not going, etc.)  Any positive percentage committed will allow you to be considered a possible team member for that particular tournament.  No guarantees or fees are expected now, of course.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

See you on the fields!

Board footer