DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-12 07:57 pm

carrottop
Swilly

6'7" man & 5'10" woman looking for a summer team

Hello All!
My name is Griffin, my girlfriend Lynn and I are looking for a team for summer league play!
I am 6'7" and played for the Oregon State team as a cutter for two years a while ago and a lot of intramural and pickup games.  I haven't played for a few years but am looking to get back into it!
Lynn is 5'10" and new to ultimate but was a badass soccer goalie at Western Washington  and she's very eager to become a beastly ultimate player!
Were hoping for a middle of the road team and some light-hearted competition but nothing too stiff.

Also we like drinking beer and making friends, which is nice.

Let me know if you are interested!

#2 2015-04-26 08:57 am

kristian_mickelson
Hammer

Re: 6'7" man & 5'10" woman looking for a summer team

You had any luck finding a team?
I'm the captain of the Barrel of Monkeys. We could use another couple for summer league. We usually get bumped up to B pool for summer league as the best teams from spring league don't play so they can focus on club play. We aren't that dedicated, our goals are to have fun and don't get hurt. And yes we enjoy drinking beer. smile
Let me know if you still need a team.
Bests
Kristian

"There's atleast One Happy Hour Each Day"

#3 2015-04-28 04:06 pm

trmorrisnd
Flick

Re: 6'7" man & 5'10" woman looking for a summer team

Safety Committee sounds like a GREAT fit for you. We have been doing pretty well in C-pool for a few years, enjoy competitive play almost as much as heckling and sideline beers. We are looking to put together a summer team (Tues and Thurs Evenings on the grass at Magnussen), and we are *urgently* looking to pad our roster for Potlatch (the largest co-ed tournament in the world in Redmond, WA in July.) The Potlatch bid requires six women, and we are a couple short.

Send emails to Dave Sinsley for Summer: dsinsley@gmail.com
and Anna Winter for Potlatch: throwsdisc@gmail.com

T.R. Morris

Board footer