DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-31 09:20 am

andreannamarie
Swilly

Need a woman for summer league?

My name is Andrea, I'm new to Seattle and looking for a summer league team. I've played MUFA in Madison on Rec C, and some leagues in Denver in Rec Bs.  I know the rules, like to run, but am mostly happy to drink beer and have fun. I'm a very beginner handler and would be up for trying to expand those skills, but also love cutting.

That being said, I'm also a nurse that works 12 hr shifts 3x per week, so when I work I get off at 730pm and would occasionally have to miss games. I don't know how many exactly I would have to miss, but usually I can make it to around 70% of them.

Help me out!!
Thanks smile

#2 2015-04-04 01:04 pm

kingosiris999
Flick

Re: Need a woman for summer league?

Hey, If you're still looking. My team has a spot open! We play in B pool (Pools range from A to E. A being most competitive). Let me know if you're interested! (Danielyuen999@yahoo.com)

#3 2015-04-28 04:04 pm

trmorrisnd
Flick

Safety Committee sounds like a GREAT fit for you. We have been doing pretty well in C-pool for a few years, enjoy competetive play aslmost as much as heckling and sideline beers. We are looking to put together a summer team (Tues and Thurs Evenings on the grass at Magnussen) and are *urgently* looking to pad our roster for Potlatch (the largest co-ed tournament in the world in Redmond, WA in July.)

Send emails to Dave Sinsley for Summer: dsinsley@gmail.com
and Anna Winter for Potlatch: throwsdisc@gmail.com

T.R. Morris

#4 2015-04-28 08:43 pm

kristian_mickelson
Hammer

Andrea, glad to see you are getting some good love from the Seattle community.  The Barrel of Monkeys are always looking for females who want to handle, (my secret hope is that we can just have all ladies handlers:).  We will be in B or C for summer.  We are in C for spring, do you need a team for spring?

Let me know if you have questions.  Good Luck find a fun team!

Cheers

Kristian_mickelson@yahoo.com

"There's atleast One Happy Hour Each Day"

Board footer