DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-28 10:49 am

Armand Tran
Backhand

Guy looking for Spring League team

Hi all,

My name is Armand, I'm a guy from Seattle looking for a fun and semi-competitive team for the Spring (socializing outside the game, even better). A little background on myself.

5'5"

I played ultimate in high school, then took a year off. I started playing club with Oly/O'School for two years when I transferred to Olympia for school. I was primarily a cutter while occasionally being a secondary handler. Since then, I've played pickup and various hat leagues developing my handling and decision-making where I'm comfortable with any position. Although, I think cutting is still my stronger aspect as a player.

On defense, I'm quick and can accelerate well so I like trying to guard many types of players. My jumps are average, so I don't sky a lot of people who are significantly taller than me unless I can force them to misread the disc or box them out. I generally play in the cup or midfield in most zones with the occasional wing/deep. My field awareness has actually gotten better after college since I'm not regularly playing with a team.

Looking forward to getting out there! Let me know if you have any questions.
armandtran89@gmail.com

Thanks,
Armand

#2 2015-02-12 12:18 pm

kingosiris999
Flick

Re: Guy looking for Spring League team

Hey Armand, If you're still interested my team is bidding for B pool and could use a few more people. Let me know if you're still interested.

Board footer