DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-05 11:19 am

sonjak
Flick

Chick Flick and Dangle Wrangle - registration now open!

Fall team league is coming to a close.   Fall geographic hat league is nearing an end.  Pick-up is winding down for the year.  What's an Ultimate player to do?  A hat tournament, that's what you should do! DiscNW's annual single gender hat tournaments, Chick Flick and Dangle Wrangle, will be held on December 9 and 10 at Marymoor Park.

So spread the word to one and all and get the word out. Proceeds from both tournaments will go towards Seattle single-gender pickup fields.

Chick Flick Saturday, December 9 (9 a.m.)
Chick Flick is for women of all ages and ability levels, and renowned for Spirit of the Game.  Its a chance to play with women of all different skill levels, to improve your skills in a tournament setting, and to get to know more of the women in our Northwest Ultimate community.

Dangle Wrangle Sunday, December 10 (9 a.m.)
Dangle Wrangle is DiscNW's all-cowboy, bronco-bustin, wild west Ultimate shootout.  Dudes from around the Sound ride in for a whole day of disc wrangling action.  So, don't be a cowpoke.  Strap on your chaps, dust off that Stetson and plan to join us for a rootin'-tootin' good time!

#2 2006-11-16 06:29 pm

sonjak
Flick

Re: Chick Flick and Dangle Wrangle - registration now open!

Registration is filling up quickly.  Don't delay - sign up now!

#3 2006-12-02 10:15 am

sonjak
Flick

Women - we need you!  Help make this tournament a fun successful day.  Sign up now!

Men - We have added more teams to the tournament.  Anyone who was on the waitlist is now on a team, and we have 16 spots still available.  Sign up now!

#4 2006-12-11 09:37 am

wwwhitwell
Blade

I know on the men's side that this was a pretty muddy, wet, and AWESOME little tournie in the middle of December!  How'd the women fair?  Everyone had a good time I hope!

I noticed some cameras out on the fields though and was wondering if we could get links posted to this thread so we can see everybody's sick bids and oh-so-sweet Ds...

#5 2006-12-11 12:35 pm

Woodiepaddler
Air Bounce

and a huge  "Thank You!" to the TDs for all their hard work.

#6 2006-12-14 01:37 am

akdarkstar
Swilly

#7 2006-12-20 05:17 pm

sonjak
Flick

Alpha Chen was the photographer for both Chick Flick and Dangle Wrangle.  He provided this link for all the pics he took (unedited, unabridged):
http://kejadlen.netherweb.com/gallery2/main.php

He says "If people want to print them out or download them or whatever, they can feel free to do so, though I'd like to hear from them if they do use these photos for something nifty!"

I'm glad everyone had fun, even if both days were a big soggy.  At least we still had power to go home to!

Also - if anyone lost a black half-zip men's shirt, yellow tshirt, or pink (?) towel during DW, let me know as they are in my house.  They will be donated to goodwill by mid-January if they are not claimed.

Sonja

Board footer