DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-29 04:37 pm

sky
Swilly

new to the neighborhood

I recently moved to Everett and looking for Disc Team info. I love the sport. I'm looking for where to go, how to link up, where to start.  Is there an over 40 team or league in the area?

Looking for common ground. Clue me in.

Thanks!

Sky

#2 2006-08-29 09:10 pm

AndyO
Scoober

Re: new to the neighborhood

Lunch time Pick-up M-W-F (11.45 - 12.45) with a bunch of age 35 - 50+ Boeing Engineers on field turf at Kasch Park in south Everett.  All skills & genders welcome, defense optional, lots of running on full sized soccer fields (cuz everbody's too cheap to bring cones)

There was a master's hat league this summer and last.  I'm sure sombody that knows more about it than me will post something soon on this thread...

used to be fast, now I'm just old

#3 2006-08-31 04:48 pm

sky
Swilly

AndyO - Thanks for your response.  Lunch time pick ups are cool if I'm in the area.  I'll keep it open for consideration if I'm able to work the area on any particular day (Work stationed out of Arlington). Need a point of contact though. Who do I call?  Where do I go?

The Masters Hat League sounds interesting.  Do you have more info on that? Haven't received any other BLOG on it.  Is it Boeing or a community League that I can research?

We're still fast ... Just oldER.

Thanks again.

Sky

#4 2006-08-31 09:40 pm

AndyO
Scoober

Who?  Brian.j.anderson(at)boeing.com is the closest thing there is to a 'coordinator' for this pickup (but he's pretty uncoordinated), so you can e-mail him if you need to. 

Where?  Here is a maplink: http://www.discnw.org/ale/field.html?fieldAreaId=239 .

No real need to talk to anybody, though.  Just show up when you can.  This pickup has been going for at least 10 years, year 'round, weather not a factor.  (We've played on snow a few times).  I've never seen less than 12 folks show up. 

Full Disclosure (so you know what to expect)  There are 3 fields available, so we play up to 9 on 9, then split into 2 games of 5 on 5 and go from there.  Nobody sits, no subs, just play for 45 minutes, then somebody usually call a game to 5 or 7 for the last 15 min.

It's jungle disc - no set defense, the stack is never seen, and trash talking has been occasionally heard.  Use the full soccer field, with insanely small end zones - the soccer field's inner penalty area - it's almost like hot box.  So there's lots of running up and down the field, then everything gets real tight near the end zone.

The Masters' Hat League was / is put on by Discnw.  So far, it's been summer only.  Somewhere else on this BB was a thread about getting more Master's teams set up for the UPA fall series.   I can't get a kitchen pass for much evening or weekend disc, so I haven't been paying much attention to that.

used to be fast, now I'm just old

Board footer