DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-07 02:32 pm

wynne.scherf
Layout D

Fall Youth Ultimate Leagues, Tournaments, and Clinics

This fall, there are many opportunities to play youth Ultimate, including several brand new events.

*NEW* U22 Women's League.  Players grade 8 through age 21 are eligible.  Sign up as an individual, a small pod, or a full team.  Games on Sundays and Mondays, September 11 through October 31.  Players can select just Sundays or just Mondays if they cannot attend both days of play.  Click here to learn more and to register.

*NEW* Middle School Hat League.  Coed league.  Games on Wednesdays,September 14 through November 2.  Click here to learn more and to register.

High School Hat League.  *NEW TIME/LOCATION.*  Games on Wednesdays, September 14 through November 2.  Click here to learn more and to register.

MoHo and Mini MoHo.  These are a series of free practices for high and middle schoolers, respectively.  Sessions are Sundays in October in Shoreline.  Click here to register for MoHo or Click here to register for Mini MoHo.

Seattle Public Middle School League.  This league is run by Seattle Public Schools and is open to any player who attends a public middle school.  Most middle schools and K-8 schools in the city of Seattle have a team.  Contact your child's school or email fall.ms@discnw.org for more information.

High School Boys' Team League.  This league will be run by the participating schools, led by administrators at the Northwest School.  DiscNW will not run a boys' team league this fall or spring.  Contact the Northwest School's Mike Mullen at Mike.Mullen@northwestschool.org if you are interested in this league.

Fall Drizzle Tournament.  Here is a message from Alyssa Weatherford, the tournament director from Western Washington University women's team Chaos: "High School Fall Drizzle will be on Saturday October 29th in Burlington! Middle School Fall Drizzle will be on Sunday October 30th in Burlington! Also if it works for enough teams we may expand this to a two day tournament Saturday and Sunday but that depends on your feedback. I have already heard some interest. NEW: If there is interest we will be adding an Elementary division which could be on Saturday or Sunday depending on the response I get from ES contacts. NEW: I will be organizing the tournament with the help of the WWU womens ultimate still but I will be having a TD at the tournament because I will most likely be at Club Nationals in Florida, her name is Katie Gilluly. If you have any questions or interested in participating in FD 2011 please email falldrizzle.td@gmail.com"

Wynne Scherf
DiscNW
Director of Youth Operations

#2 2011-09-13 10:04 am

wynne.scherf
Layout D

Re: Fall Youth Ultimate Leagues, Tournaments, and Clinics

The Middle School Hat League, High School Hat League, and U22 Women's League have been postponed one week due to low registrations.  We need just a handful more for a viable league.  Please register today, and bring friends.

Wynne Scherf
DiscNW

#3 2011-09-13 10:41 pm

hollyeckert
High Release

The problem is that I have practice every day during the time of the games... otherwise I might sign up.

#4 2011-09-20 08:28 am

wynne.scherf
Layout D

The High School Hat League and the U22 Women's League were canceled due to insufficient registrations.

However, the Middle School Hat League starts tomorrow at 3:30 at View Ridge Playfield.  We are very excited about this new event.  We assign new teams every week, and individuals earn the points that their team earns each week.  The individual with the highest score at the end of the season wins a prize.  You can register any time, but Sign up now in order to maximize your score for the season!

Registration is also still open for MoHo and Mini MoHo in October.

Wynne Scherf
DiscNW

Board footer