DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-02-21 09:29 pm

Sonic
Swilly

Re: Looking for a team? Helpful Hints

Hey,

My name is Jared Lursen and recently moved to the NW region from MN. I'm 23 and looking to join a spring league team.  I played the last 2 collegiate seasons for Undue Purverse(A Team) at Purdue and played random pick up for about 3 years before that. A little more about me I'm 5'10", extremely quick with an above average vertical so I'm not afraid to mix it up with taller players in the air.  Traditionally I have played as a cutter, but am capable of handling if needed.  Understand how to run most traditional offenses (Vert, Horizontal or Split Stack).  I have consistant throws and am used to throwing in strong winds from playing near the Chicago area. 

I love playing the game and am looking to play on any team willing to have me!

Contact info: biglur21@gmail.com

#27 2012-02-21 09:44 pm

erichabermeyer83
Swilly

Yo, I am free agent!!!

I just moved up from Olympia and want to play some disc. I've been playing for a number of years, off and on, ducking in and out of a tournament here and there. I am a pretty steady handler,  have handled at tournaments, and I can move when I need to. I know zone, ho, iso, vert, etc.

I am 28, 6 feet to the inch and am every bit as handsome.

If any one needs another man, hopefully there are some fellow former oly residents out there to take kindness for my part.

Thank you,

Eric Habermeyer
erickyous@hotmail.com

#28 2012-02-22 04:01 pm

sburns07
Swilly

Hey! I moved to Seattle over the summer and I'm ready to get into Ultimate in the area!

I played 2 years at the University of Kansas with the Betty's and was a captain for my senior year - 2011.

I primarily played offense as a handler but can cut as well. Played in Kansas City Summer League as well as league in Lawrence so I'm used to throwing in the wind. We played pretty well both years and qualified for Regionals both seasons. Typically played man D but know zone well. Used to most forms of offense.

Would really like to start playing here in Seattle!!!

My email: burns.sarah5@gmail.com

#29 2012-07-28 09:10 pm

HilaryL
Swilly

I'd like to join a fall league team!

- Age 23 - female, 5' 10", Wing/Deep
- Played 4 years on women's college team (Appalachian State, NC) and several seasonal co-ed leagues (Boone Ultimate Alliance, WAFC)
- Comfortable playing man, zone, stack, and ho
- fast runner, adept defender, average throws, great pulls

I've been out of practice for a year because I lived in a rural area without a league this year, but I'm excited to get back in the game and start new things in Seattle. I'll be able to make all of the games and pay fees at the first meeting.

Shoot me an email!

#30 2012-07-30 05:36 pm

James_O'Donoghue
Swilly

Hi, Tall Ultimate player looking for a team!

My name is James O'Donoghue and I am currently a Junior at Seattle University. I'm co-captain of my school's ultimate team and I'm originally from the SF Bay area, another great Ultimate town.

Here are some STATS/SKILLS:

Height: 6'5

Experience: 3 years mainly as a wing on O but I have developed some good handling skills this past season and can handle if needed. Experience with both HO and Vert stacks. 

Teams: Seattle U Throbot (D1 College), BJDP (UC Berkeley Summer club team), Hummingbirds (San Francisco Rec League)

Other Attributes:
     - 6'5' wingspan
     - Decent speed
     - Good defense in the air
     - Super stoked on Ultimate!

Contact info: odonogh1@seattleu.edu

#31 2012-08-02 09:56 am

aRoc
Swilly

Oh heeeeeey!

My roomie & I are looking for a Team to join for Fall Team League. We are probably lookin for sumpin round the 'D' Pool (but could be open to C or E Pool as well).
We're looking for a team that feels solid & has positive, fun dynamics. Teams with players who live in the south end are a definite plus =o)

Here's the 411 bout us:

ME
28/male, 5'7
I grew up mostly in Florida and had never even heard of Ultimate til I came to college. Had some pretty amazing first experiences though!
I played a year or two in college for the New College Fun. We weren't really competitive at all, but I do remember winning a lot of spirit awards (partially out of pity, partially due to our amazing costumes)! Then, I played the innaugural first two seasons of the Manasota Frisbee League (4 teams worth of people in two counties--welcome to Southwest Florida folks). I had a bad injury 4 years ago & took a long hiatus from sports, but I decided to join in on the Summer Hat League this year. What a great decision! Despite the ridic name, my experience with Kingdome has been amaaaaaaazing. I'm officially back on the frisbee bandwagon!
In terms of my playing skills, I'm usually a cutter who has growing confidence in my throws. I'm familiar with stacking stuff & OK with Zone. I LOVE to play in the cup.
I'm one of the fastest people on the field, I have hella endurance, and I like to jump and just generally play really hard (read: excessive, unnecessary layouts. J/k...sort of). Oh, and people sometimes refer to me as the perfect cheerleader, a badge I wear with great pride.

ROOMIE/KINDRED SPIRIT
24/F, 5'7
Born & raised in the great state of Michigan. Relocated a couple of years ago & has officially caught Ultimate fever!
Summer League is her first experience playing, but she seems to have thrown quite a bit b/c she has an extremely consistent forehand & backhand. Probably helps that she has played a LOT of competitive sports in the past, too! Has even more endurance & likes to gazelle around the field a lot for Hammering Man.
Do they give spirit awards to human beings for the way they live their life? If so, hook a girl up!

K, we look forward to hearing from you!

<3
A & A

#32 2012-08-06 12:09 pm

timsannes
Swilly

Hey Seattle!
New to the area, but understand there's some pretty sweet frizboe around here. I've played for about 12 years. Was a leader of my college team (UNC - don't hate because of our reputation tongue) and have played some club teams since graduating college in 2004. In co-ed I played for Olio when we made it to quartefinals (2005?) and played for the open florida club teams over the last 5 years (just BARELY missing nationals; finishing in the top 4 in the region). I've never posted an "ultimate resume" before, so feel kinda funny talking about my frisbee skills like this smile, but am more than happy to tell you more about my skill level and whatnot if you need to know more. In general, I was primarily a cutter in college, but have regressed to primarily be a thrower/handler type these days (although it seems like everyone is a "handler" on this blog..haha). Truthfully, I'm happy anywhere on the field. Just want to play some in my new home!

I'd love to play league and meet some new people. However, I should put forth that I'm starting my residency and will likely miss a few games here and there.

Hope to hear from you,

Tim
timsannes@gmail.com

#33 2012-08-21 10:37 pm

russian.kate
Backhand

hi, guys!

I'm looking for a team to play during the fall league. I study english in Seattle and currently live on Capitol Hill

I play ultimate for about 11 years in Russia and last 5 year i play in club which is in top 3 in Russia, and i'm a D captain for last 2 years.
I don't know how to compare the level of Russian and American ultimate though... But i think i'd like to play on high level. I'm ready for practices and improving mmyself.
All my career i played cutter, but this season we have too many good cutter and don't have a "full set" of handlers - so this year i've played handler.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask
(206) 914-2819
https://www.facebook.com/kate.barabanova
baritsa.katerina gmail com

Last edited by russian.kate (2012-08-21 10:41 pm)

#34 2012-08-27 01:09 pm

bsaul
Swilly

Hey! My name is Ben, and I am looking for a fall league team to join. I work for Boeing as an engineer and live in the U-District.

Height: 5'7''
Experience:
3 years high school- I was a captain senior year for the second place team in Minnesota.
4 years college- Played for University of Minnesota Ugly Duckling (B-Team)
Skills:
I have played handler almost exclusively in high school and college. I have a good understanding of most offenses/defenses and can pick up strategies quickly. On defense, I am better at zone than man. I have experience playing all zone positions, but prefer 2 in the cup.

I am looking to join one of the lower level divisions for fall league.

Thanks!
-Ben

#35 2012-08-28 01:53 am

deepaks
Swilly

Hey my name is Deepak and I'm looking for a fall league team to join (likely one of the lower divisions). I mostly just played in the Microsoft Hat league this past summer and loved it and wanted to continue.

Height: 5' 10"
Skills:
My strengths are my speed and defense. Usually a (deep) cutter or deep/wing on zone. I know horizontal/vertical stacks and zone and I learn new strategies quickly. I personally prefer man-to-man, partly because of my speed. I'm still working on throwing long under pressure, but I can throw forehands and backhands and I'm patient about getting the disc to handlers on dumps/shorter throws.
Experience:
MSFT Hat League - Played 12 games so far.

I'm looking to join a lower level division, likely D. If anyone is interested, please let me know! Thanks.
Deepak

Last edited by deepaks (2012-08-28 01:56 am)

#36 2012-08-29 11:24 pm

Peter Ostergaard
Swilly

Hi! I am looking for spots for five people on a team.
Tido Ostergaard: male, 6'2", 23 y/o, cutter/handler, played captain of B team at WWU in Bellingham, Seattle high school and played since then but not consistently
Fiona McKibbin: female, 5'6", 23 y/o, handler/cutter, plays on Riot, captain of NYU women's, played in Seattle high school
Gordon Baker: male, 6'0", 23 y/o, cutter/handler, captain of Evergreen college team 3 years, played in seattle
Molly Spear: female, 5'5", 22 y/o, cutter, played in Bennington college, played in seattle high school, likely to hang out
Andrew Dries: male, 6'0", 23 y/o, cutter/handler, played at U of Redlands 4 years, played in Seattle high school.
All these people played on Bush. We are down to have fun, and we play hard too, except molly who's just a real great lady. Um, upstanding gentlepeople, the lot of us. Put us on your team! Please!!

Email: peter.ostergaard@gmail.com

Even if there are only a couple of spots, we'd go just a couple of us. THanks!

Last edited by Peter Ostergaard (2012-08-30 06:11 pm)

#37 2012-09-04 04:39 pm

deignacio
Swilly

I'm back!

David Ignacio <deignacio@gmail.com>, 6'3" (6'6" if you count my fro)
I played in college (but that was a while ago) in Chicago.  I played in Seattle way-back-when on Possums and Toolbox then moved to Boston where I was pretty active in both hat and team city leagues.
I'm coming off of a semi hiatus (baby) and am determined to get back into the swing of things.  My goals are to focus on my cutting/deep game (as well as defense of course) but can stick around as the third handler in a hostack/zone in a pinch.  I can't guarantee that I'll make every game or practice, but when I do, I'll work my hardest to get the teams to boatrace afterwards.
Let me know if you've got some space for me.

ps.  I can also guarantee that a cute baby will rep our sidelines every once in a while, and my wife can sub in when female numbers get low too.

#38 2012-09-07 04:46 pm

elidgabel
Backhand

I am looking for a TEAM

my name is Eli. I played at the university of pittsburgh. I've been playing for 8 years,I am 6 foot 3, and I can handle and cut. I've played high level ultimate before but am looking to have tons of fun playing on a team.

I can do whatever your team needs. I like competing and winning, but I dont take it to seriously. I mostly just smile the whole time.

please pick me up, i want to play some ultimate

#39 2012-09-08 05:54 pm

firefighterperry
Swilly

My name is Mike Perry, I am a firefighter who lives and works in Lacey WA.  I play in league basketball, softball, flag football, and an now interested in playing on an UF team!  I am 36, married with 2 boys.  I am 6'4, 210 lbs.  If there are any teams out there looking for players, i would like to try out and get more information about how to join. 

thank you,

Mike Perry
mperry@laceyfire.com

#40 2012-09-10 11:43 am

wynne.scherf
Layout D

Mike,

There are lots of opportunities to play in Lacey.

If you have Ultimate experience or are athletic and willing to learn at a fast pace, I recommend the Olympia fall hat league.  Players sign up as individuals and are placed on a team: http://www.discnw.org/events/OlympiaFallHat.html

There are also regular pick-up games in Olympia.  Right now the group is playing on Thursdays and Sundays at 6pm at the Evergreen College, near the tennis courts.  We also have more structured practices (open to everyone) on Tuesdays at 6pm at Evergreen.

After September, pick-up will drop down to one day per week (earlier afternoon on Sundays).  There will be winter indoor hat leagues and a spring teaching league through Lacey Parks and Rec.  These are also hat leagues, which means you sign up as an individual and are placed on a team. 

I recommend joining the South Sound Ultimate Players Yahoo group and liking the Olympia Ultimate Facebook page to stay updated on Olympia opportunities.

Tacoma has a bunch of stuff too, and they're just a short drive from Olympia/Lacey.  Check out their Facebook page.

Wynne Scherf
DiscNW
Director of Youth Operations

#41 2012-10-10 12:18 pm

m.c.popester
Swilly

Hello,

My roommate David and I just moved to Seattle and are looking to get on a fall/winter league team.  We both played for Bates College in Maine all 4 years, graduated this past May.  We took our team to regionals where we placed 8th as 2 of the best on the team.  We are looking for anything basically, competitive or casual, we just wanna play!!

ME (Matthew Pope)
Height : 6'5"
Position: cutter (popper, specifically), experienced with ho stack, set plays, cutting against a zone, playing zone D
Strengths: Field awareness, great hands

David Cutler
Height: 5'10"
Position: Handler and cutter, experience with all the same things as me
Strengths: Wicked fast, tenacious on D (best defender on our team, hands down)

We would love to play for anyone.  My info is

matt(dot)craig(dot)pope(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks! Pick us up, you won't regret it!

#42 2013-02-10 10:22 am

silly_erin
Swilly

Female Player available...ready to start Spring League!!

Hello all, I am currently looking for a team to play on, as mine is disbanding.  I previously played with the Huxtables.  This will be my 7th year playing ultimate.  I would say my skill level is intermediate (don't have any formal coaching), but I am athletic, know how to play as a team, and coachable.  I am also 5'10...

I would say that a B-C level team is right for me to play on, definitely not A (yet).

Please respond to ejtelford(at)seattleschools(dot)org

Thanks, Erin

Last edited by silly_erin (2013-02-10 10:26 am)

#43 2013-03-21 01:54 am

Blyss
Swilly

Hi, I"m Blyss smile 40 year old woman. I have been playing frisbee all my life but am a total beginner at ultimate frisbee. I don't know where to start to get into playing and was hoping somebody could direct me in the right direction.  I was hoping to play on a mixed team and live in the Seattle, Hill area.

I throw hard and fast and accurate, I catch great, I'm in great shape, very fit...work out and am super fun smile.

Thank you!

www.isisinseattle@gmail.com
or
206-533-4126

Last edited by Blyss (2013-03-21 01:56 am)

#44 2013-03-26 10:36 pm

shellshoq
Backhand

Hey, my name is Robot, and I am looking to maybe join a team, or at the very least practice with one. I moved back to Seattle from L.A. last year. In L.A. I played in leagues organized by LAOUT on mid-level teams. I also played pickup 1-2 times per week for 2-3 years while living there.

I am an all around intermediate player, can handle decently but would prefer to run long. Fairly quick (but a bit out of practice) and tall, so I usually win contested discs.

I am also coaching a middle school team in DiscNW's spring league.

Let me know if you know of any opportunities to play. Also, we need to put together more pickup games in town!

Robot

#45 2013-08-16 01:00 pm

AnnaforDays
Swilly

Hey everyone!

My name is Anna Iglitzin and I'm looking for a Fall League Team to play with for this coming season in the Seattle area before I head off to college in the spring.

I'm 18 and have been playing ultimate competiviely in Seattle for the past 5 years, primarily with high school teams and summer league teams. I am a competent cutter and generally cut when I play co-ed but have handled for girls teams in the past, know vert and ho stack, various zone defenses, have a decent mark and some break mark throws. I played on the discNW YCC mixed teams these past two summers and am really hoping to continue improving this coming year.

Contact me if you are on or know a team that would be interested in my playing for them!

Anna
Annasiglitziin@gmail.com

#46 2013-08-21 09:16 pm

Peter Ostergaard
Swilly

Tido Ostergaard
I'm trying to find a team to play on. I'm a 24 year old male.
6'1.5" tall
Pretty fast
I am a cutter but I could handle. I played in high school at Bush school in seattle. I went to Western Washington University where I played only my freshman year as a captain of the B team. I've been getting back into frisbee for a little over a year and getting into shape, but just playing pick up and goalty lately.
Didn't want to leave it up to chance, gotta play come fall. Thanky!
peter.ostergaard@gmail.com

Last edited by Peter Ostergaard (2013-08-21 09:18 pm)

#47 2013-08-23 01:15 pm

suniea
High Release

Board moderators --

Just a thought that it might make sense to turn the initial parts of this thread (with wisdom on finding a team) into a sticky post that stays at the top of the forum and then locking it for further comment. That would let this post stand for the helpful hints only without it also being a forum for people posting looking for teams (which can be done on separate, individual posts).

Eric

#48 2013-08-23 04:01 pm

dairiki
Air Bounce

Good idea, Eric.  It took awhile to figure out how, but I've “stuck” this post.

In a couple of days, I'll close it too.

Everyone who’s looking for a team: starting a new thread is a good idea.  Just click the post a new topic link which you can find at the upper right corner of the index page.

#49 2013-11-30 04:55 pm

jensmith
Backhand

Jenna Smith here. Moved from Portland to Seattle 2 months ago. I played in the Hangover Hat Tournament organized by Steven Kwan. I'm looking for a team to join in the C/D pool. Played for a couple years. Forehand/ backhand skillz, own cleats, cutter and deep. 27 yrs.

Let me know if your in need of a female!

#50 2013-12-28 06:49 pm

twharr
Swilly

Hey Disc NW,

Another of the ubiquitous ultimate playing men looking for a team.

I moved to Seattle in September for a Grad Program at UW, and now that I have my $hit together there, it was about time I got back on a team, though I plan on attending some pick-up until that happens.

Name is Trevor Harrison.
Been playing regularly since 2006 (woah... that 7 years now. wild.)
Played on my Undergrad B Team, as Co-captain my junior and senior teams.
Been playing on a club team (WHUF - Woods Hole Ultimate Frisbee) in the Boston Ultimate Disc Association (BUDA) for the last two and a half years before I came out here.

Have solid flick and backhand, but not consistent enough to be a handler. Mainly a cutter on O (quick under cuts - I am the quick short guy at 5'6", but I have skyed a number of unsuspecting  6'+ guys). Cup on defense.

I'm probably a B-level played, though I'm not entirely sure. I've been playing mixed with WHUF and that's really all I'm interested in. Just find the games more fun that way. Which is to say, I have no problem throwing the disc to women.

As for personality, since that might be more important for a team even than skill, cause skill you can develop: I honestly get along with everyone. I'm definitely a spirit of the game, just want to play hard and have fun kind of player. I'm not aggressively competitive, but I'll put everything I have on the field.

Anyway... let me know if you need someone. I'm really hoping to start playing in the Winter. OH and one last thing: I don't care about weather. I will show up. I've played tournaments with the field covered in 2' of snow and an ice layer on top. I play in the rain. And if I join a team and say I'll be there, I'll be there.

Contact is: trevor.w.harrison@gmail.com

Happy New Year!
-Trevor

Board footer