DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-20 07:56 pm

leftydisc
Air Bounce

Looking for a team? Helpful Hints

I see a lot of "looking for a team" posts that contain almost no information about the person looking for a team.  Whether in Seattle or elsewhere, approach it like applying for a job - post a "resume" listing your skills, qualifications, and previous "jobs" (ie, teams). 

Saying you are a handler is helpful info, but saying you handled for ABC college that finished in X spot at North Central Western Collegiate Regionals is far more informative.  Did you play local leagues in your previous town?  If so, what level (for example, Seattle leagues are usually sub-divided into 3-6 skill-based pools) and for how long?  Perhaps you didn't play on any teams or in any leagues but played regular pickup - again, giving some indication of the level of play is useful info.  You may think that, because it is from a completely different community, the info may not be meaningful to someone living elsewhere but *any* info is better than no info. 

Names help, too.  Some people (most will remain nameless but at least one has a DiscNW handle that sounds a lot like heftybrisk) will go so far as to google for info on prospective pickups.

Above all... even if you're reluctant to post your name, tell us if you're male of female!  Often, it is difficult to determine someone's gender from the bare bones info many posts contain.

#2 2010-04-21 12:05 pm

frisbeejohnson
High Release

Re: Looking for a team? Helpful Hints

what if i just want to hang out with your team and drink, lefty? can i just say that i am looking for a team that needs a fan and maybe a few tallboys without divulging my personal data and getting electronically probed? let's just let it come out in the apres game banter, ok?

#3 2010-04-22 01:14 pm

leftydisc
Air Bounce

Johnson, "a team that needs a fan" ain't what I'm talking about; you can post looking for whatever you want and put as little or as much information as you want, I'm specifically talking to people new to town who are looking for teams.  More info makes for better informed decisions - for all involved.

#4 2010-06-03 11:28 pm

kristian_mickelson
Hammer

or you can probably just say you are a woman, and you'll pounced upon by teams.

bests advertisement is to say, i bring pbr light to shotgun and bacon to throw on the Monkeys grill to eat at half, that's a real new teammate in training.

"There's atleast One Happy Hour Each Day"

#5 2010-08-16 05:33 pm

leftydisc
Air Bounce

Fall League and Fall Series bump.

#6 2010-09-14 07:10 pm

johnnie5
Swilly

Hi everybody!
I am new to Seattle (today is my second day) and I am looking to get on a team asap since the new season starts this Saturday!

I Just moved to Seattle after living in Eugene, OR for the last few years where I played with the same team, the "TP Bandits" for 2 years, which encompassed 4 seasons (2x fall, 2x spring). We went from being towards the bottom of the league one season, to winning the city championship the next season, and then continued to be in the title picture in the seasons following. I also played in high school and I have been handling a disc since I was about 7 years old.

With that being said, this is my "resume"
Name: John Bartlett
Years playing: 7
Skill Level: Intermediate
Position: I am a decent handler but my strength is my zone defense. I played either side of 3 person cup and we would frequently do a 2 person cup and I loved both.
Strengths: I am really quick with or without the disc and I am always eager to lay out, both on defense and offense. I have really good field awareness and I am constantly looking to improve my skill set. I am also very attentive to following instructions from coaches/ teammates.
Weaknesses: I have been broken on occasion by an experienced handler, but it happens to the best of us right? ...... Right?! just kidding
Level of Play: In Eugene there were three divisions in our league; A (Elite), B (Intermediate), and C (Beginner). I played in B league the whole time and after we won our division they had thought about bumping us up, but chose to keep the same number of teams in B league.

*phew* I think that is it for now, but if you have any questions please contact me directly and I will do my best to answer them.
I hope to hear from someone soon so that I can meet up with a team and get registered!
Ultimate!!

#7 2010-09-29 01:08 pm

whughes
Swilly

Hi,

Well, I *just* found out that Fall started two weeks ago and that my old team Che, didn't even put in a bid.  I kept wondering when the "Hey Che, our first game is ..." e-mail.

Okay, so I'm looking for a team.  My resume?  Well, really what you want to know is how much/what type of a player I am now but I'll start with a little history.  I started playing in Chicago, played a season with the elite team (called 'Z' back then, stupid name even we thought).  Then came to Seattle and played with Kodiak a little which then became that other "second place men's team in Seattle" (name withheld to protect my sanity) and then that was about it.

I've been playing with Che the last couple of years.  I'm mostly known for my speed and defense.  I may be 44 and had back surgery but can still surprise even myself with my desire to get the disc.  I'd love a B or C league team that needs more defense.   I was handling with Che more and more, can throw but am more comfortable at deep if it's an experienced team.

I'm 6'0", 170lbs and have "aerodynamic" hair.  ;->  Please e-mail me at whughes@speakeasy.net

Thanks,

Will

#8 2011-02-24 05:42 pm

leftydisc
Air Bounce

Spring League bump

#9 2011-06-08 10:51 pm

leftydisc
Air Bounce

Summer league bump

#10 2011-08-03 04:50 pm

mike12lax
Blade

I am looking for a team for Fall Team League. Below is my "resume." I am new to the area so my resume is a little slim.

MIKE RATTANASENGCHANH
Height: 5.4 - 5.8
Position: Cutter
Skill: Consistent backhand and forehand with marked defense
Experience: Frequent pickup and league play, nearby tournament play

Player's Current and Recent Teams
Team           Leagues/Events
1. Frothy        Men for All Seasons
2. Bradbury   Summer Men's Hat League
3. 111th        BYU Intramural - 3 summers in a row

#11 2011-08-16 04:22 pm

coleung10
Blade

Looking to join a team for FALL TEAM LEAGUE! Looking for somewhere around a B level team.

- Age 22 - male, 5' 7", Handler/Cutter
- Know vert, ho, split stack offense
- Know man, clam/bracket, zone (3/4 cup)
- Know zone cup, wing, or middle (cause usually someone taller plays deep)
- 4 years High School (Bellevue), 4 years college (Whitworth), 1 year international (Hong Kong)
*Skill Level - Some break mark throws, strong defensive play
*Experience Level - Competitive College Player, or more than four years league play

* - classifications taken from player profile page

<--------------------
<--------------------
Please message me on forum to contact me. THANKS! big_smile
<--------------------
<--------------------

Last edited by coleung10 (2011-08-16 04:31 pm)

#12 2011-08-31 04:33 pm

jcroz$
Swilly

Also looking for a Fall Team with B to A level teammates.
Age- 23. Male 5'6.  Handler/cutter
Know vert and ho
Know man and decent at a cup

Just moved here from Indiana, looking to keep playing.
I played B team at Ball State University (Wizards) and I mostly handled during my 2 1/2 years playing.

email me: jcrosby871@gmail.com

Thanks
-Jonathan

#13 2011-09-07 10:32 am

Mgs831
Swilly

I am looking for a FALL TEAM LEAGUE around the Everett area (maybe a little further)

Profile:
Mark Sellars
Height: 6 feet
Position: Handler
Skills: Backhand, Forehand, Hammer, Puller, good with short game and long game
Experience: Played in high school, then in college for 5 years in both club and travel team.  Played in many hat tournaments.  Went to college in FL where it is very windy from the coast, so I have experience with that as well.

#14 2011-09-08 01:31 pm

brownee22
Swilly

My name is Edward Brown and I am looking for a Fall and beyond team.

I played/captained for four years of competitive play at lake forest college in the Midwest, Great Lakes conference.

My height is 6.3" and I weigh 170 pounds and I am 23 years old.

Position: handler with strong command of every throw, accurate pulls and ability to break mark. I know all the basic offenses.  Also I am use to throwing in chicago style wind and wet conditions.

I play hard D and consistently led my team in lay out steals.

I was most known for my cup demolishing ability, break away speed and leadership.

Thanks!

#15 2011-09-10 11:14 am

Jeff_Josephsen
Swilly

I'm Looking for a team:

Jeff Josephsen
31 years old
6'0"
4 years of pick-up games in college
what's a cutter/handler?
intermediate level

425-463-8813
Jeff_Josephsen@hotmail.com

Thanks, Jeff

#16 2011-09-25 12:48 pm

Dannyg
Swilly

Package Deal! Two great cutters fresh out of college from the east coast. 1 guy, 1 girl.

Dan - 4 years college, 3 years club in summer.
Sabrina - 4 years college, 1 year summer club.

Hope to hear from you!

#17 2011-10-12 08:45 pm

Bonzaway
Swilly

I'm looking for a team.
Bernie Lee
5'10"
26yrs old
played for Texas through college + a couple years of club.
I've been out of the game for 2 years but i'm looking to get back in. I can play whatever positions are needed.

618-319-0505
Bernarddlee@gmail.com

#18 2012-01-31 09:45 pm

afprouse
Swilly

Spring League! Looking for a team:

I'm looking for a team for the spring league. Doing an Internal Medicine residency so I'll just throw out there that I may not make all games.

Played for the University of Florida (UFUCT) before my real schooling.
-- 6 feet tall
-- Great D
-- Fast
-- Can handle a disc, but more of a defensive player
-- Can prescribe medications to team players!
-- Used to be anchor on the boat racing team.

Let me know if you have a spot, but be aware that I might not always be able to make it out. Thanks!

Andrew

#19 2012-02-02 11:36 am

ahmoser
Swilly

Looking for a Spring League team to join.

4 year college starter and co-captain at Dickinson College in PA.

-6'1
-Athletic
-Handling ability with good arm length for break throws
-Great Hands and natural game instincts
-Multi-sport athlete

Let me know if your team has tryouts or is in need of a quality player.

Thanks,

Andrew

ahmoser@gmail.com

#20 2012-02-02 09:46 pm

coleung10
Blade

Bump!!! Looking to join a COMPETITIVE yet FUN A, B, or C team year round / seasonally. Available also for Potlatch and international tournaments (I come with previous international experience!)

- Age 23 - male, 5' 7", Handler/Cutter/Deep
- Versatile both sides of disc, team player that strongly fills every need
(though with lack of God-given-height... USUALLY not deep deep in zone defense, towered over by teammates tongue Though I would totally do it!)
- 8 years experience (high school, college, international, seasonal club)

<--------------------
<--------------------
Please message me on forum to contact me! THANKS! big_smile
<--------------------
<--------------------

#21 2012-02-06 07:22 am

kchambers
Swilly

Hi all! I'm looking for a spring leauge team. My name is Kevin Chambers and I'm a male 6'0 cutter who is comfortable handing if need be. I started for 4 years on the University of Puget Sound Postmen playing at Northwest Regionals and DIII nationals, where the Postmen placed 3rd. I have played on a club team the last three years making it to regionals twice. Last year in spring league I played on "the borg" who got third in the A pool. I'm looking for a team to play competitive ultimate and also have a lot of fun!

Thanks!

#22 2012-02-06 10:57 am

miteybuc22@yahoo.com
Swilly

Yet another person looking to play in in spring league!

My name is Craig Becker, and I'm a 22 year old male 6 foot tall player who has traditionally been a handler but who also feels comfortable cutting. I'd like to think I'm pretty athletic, and I have been playing ultimate for a long time--started playing middle school (in Charlotte, NC), high school (Mercer Island, WA), some time with MOHO in Seattle, and four years of college (University of Chicago Junk [A-team]).

I recently moved back to the area and would love to get back into the scene. I love playing ultimate and I'd be happy to play in any division on any team willing to have me!

#23 2012-02-19 10:25 am

dreamssunshine
Swilly

Hello!

I am not new to Seattle, but I am newer to ultimate frisbee.

Having played just once with a co-ed pick-up team, I was addicted and have been looking to join a team!

Basic stats (although terms might not be so great):

Female
Fast
Agile
I can jump to snag discs from competitors
Accurate thrower
My roller derby skills help me with offense and defense skills in whatever sport I play
Age...well, does it really matter?  although probably older than I look and act, I am very athletic and can run circles around a lot of people much younger than me.  I will say I am in my 30s though!

Looking to join a team that is fun and would be willing to pick-up a gal who is a quick learner, competitive and also very fun.

#24 2012-02-21 12:12 pm

shanlyns
Swilly

Hey all- I am looking to join a team for spring league. My name is Shanlyn, 25 yr old female, moved to the NW from Hawaii, played pick up there at least once a week, played fall league, I am a cutter, love to run, played lacrosse in college, relatively new to ultimate but always trying to improve, eager to play league and get my competitive self on.

contact email: shanlyn.souza@gmail.com

#25 2012-02-21 03:57 pm

juliana
Swilly

Hi!

My name is Juliana Arenas and I am from Colombia. Diana, another Colombian, and I are both looking for spring league teams.

I've been playing ultimate for 6 and a half years. I'm 21 years old. Played for teams Wicca and Eafit University as a handler. I am fast and I am a good defensive player.
I love being part of a team.

contact email: july-arenas3@hotmail.com

Diana Parra is a 30 year old fast defender with 4 years of experience, playing for Wicca Ultimate and Arcana Ultimate in Medellin, Colombia.

I haven't been an active player for more than a year now but I try to be in shape by running. I am good at following instructions AND having fun while giving it all on the field. Team player.

contact info: dianaparra@gmail.com

We don't know anyone hereeeeeee!!!      HELP!

Board footer