DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-23 06:08 pm

kristian_mickelson
Hammer

Handler looking 4room2rent near UW

Hello DiscNW.   My name is Kristian Mickelson and I am recently finished Peace Corps Volunteer from Bolivia.   Previously, I was an active club ultimate player in Portland, serving on the PUFF board to organize Spring League.   This fall I will be starting my masters at UW in Water Resource Engineering so right now I just want to introduce myself, and see if anyone had any good tips for me on housing.  I will be in Seattle Sept 4th, and hope to find a place then, while meeting with my professor and advisor.   I would ideally like a room to rent in a small house in the Green Lake, Ravenna, Wallingford, Fremont, Wedgewood area.  I am willing to pay for all of Sept.  rent.

About me:
27, male, from Southern Oregon Coast, non smoker, some drinking, but not looking for a party house, I eat everything, but generally cook vegetarian.   I am fairly neat, and like neat common areas.

I am active, want to bike to school, ideally less than 20min to the stadium.   I hope to be playing on the UW menís ultimate frisbee team, and occasionally getting out to go whitewater kayaking.   I have two ww kayaks and will need a basement or garage to store these, just want secure indoor place.  There are 6' and 8' tall.  I also have an older Honda that I would like to park somewhere close to the house, but on the street is fine.

I am currently in Honduras, but will be flying back to Portland on Tuesday, when I will be reachable by cell.  You can email me before that however.  I look forward to meeting all of you once I get settled into my new Seattle home, and getting to toss the disc with you.

Best wishes,

Kristian Mickelson
RPCV Bolivia 39 - Basic Sanitation
CE grad '02 Oregon State University

"There's atleast One Happy Hour Each Day"

Board footer