Spring Jam Elementary Tournament
- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Magnuson Park
Spring Jam is a mixed gender, 5-on-5, elementary school team round robin tournament taking place on Sunday, May 20th 2018.
This year we will be expanding the tourney with room for 28 teams! We will also be partnering with Five Ultimate to bring you exclusive Spring Jam tournament gear. We will be inviting other vendors too, including food trucks!
Tournament central will house a Five Ultimate chill out tent, music, disc games and more!
Like last year, all divisions will be 5v5
Roster Minimum: Teams must have at least 10 players on their roster (5 girls and 5 Boys) to participate.
- Fields will be abbreviated
- 70 yards long
- 25 yards wide
- 15-yard end zones
- Teams will play a round-robin format.
- Games will be hard capped at 50 minutes (no soft cap).
- Games are to 9 points or until the hard cap, whichever comes first.
- Teams each have one 90-second timeout per half, regardless of overtime (different from USA Ultimate rules).
- Gender Ratio 5 vs 5: The gender ratio is 3 Boys:2 Girls. Coaches may agree to play "offense calls" before the game. Teams may not negotiate for fewer than 2 girls on the field. Teams that do not have at least 2 girls within 5 minutes of the posted game start time MUST forfeit. A friendly game can be organized among the players present at that point which allows for at least 2 girls on the field for both teams.
Registration and Important Dates:
|April 30th||First Priority bid deadline, all initial bids will be awarded after this date.|
Payment is due ($275) to secure spot, any teams without payment will be moved to waitlist and their spot forfeited. Teams asking for FA will be granted an extension on their payment deadline to April 14th.
|May 11th||Financial aid applications and applications for eligibility review due.|
|May 11th||Preliminary Schedule Released|
|May 11th||Online Roster and Waivers due. See Paperwork tab for more information.|
Beat The Bridge will be held on Sunday, May 20th
The race begins in front of Husky Stadium and runners head south across the Montlake Bridge. Please plan your trip to the tourney accordingly.
The specific street closures and times are as follows:
- Montlake Boulevard south of Pacific - 7:45 - 8:45 AM
- 24th, south of Roanoke - no closure
- Boyer, east of Lynn - no closure
- Montlake Place, 19th and Lynn, west of 19th - 8:25 - 9:25 AM
- Boyer/Fuhrman, west of Lynn to Eastlake - 8:30 - 10:00 AM
- Pacific St, from Brooklyn to Montlake - 8:15 - 10:15 AM
- Montlake Boulevard, both directions, north of Pacific - 7:30 - 10:00 AM
- 45th Ave NE - no closure
- Burke Gilman Trail from 44th to University Hospital - extremely congested 8:00 - 10:00 AM
Please note that, throughout the event, NE Pacific Avenue will be closed to all traffic. Because of the closure on Montlake Boulevard, it will be quite congested in this area and residents should allow plenty of time.