Spring Jam Elementary Tournament
- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Magnuson Park, Seattle
Spring Jam is a coed, 5-on-5, elementary school team round robin tournament taking place on Sunday May 21st 2017.
This year we will be expanding the tourney with room for 25 teams! We will also be partnering with Five Ultimate to bring you exclusive Spring Jam tournament gear. We will be inviting other vendors too, including food trucks!
Tournament central will house a Five Ultimate chill out tent, music, disc games and more!
Like last year, all divisions will be 5v5
- Fields will be abbreviated
- 70 yards long
- 25 yards wide
- 15-yard end zones
- Teams will play a round-robin format.
- Games will be hard capped at 50 minutes (no soft cap).
- Games are to 9 points or until the hard cap, whichever comes first.
- Teams each have one 90-second timeout per half, regardless of overtime (different from USA Ultimate rules).
Registration and Important Dates:
The registration fee is $270 per team.
- May 8, noon: Registrations and paperwork due. Bids will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Financial aid and eligibility exception applications due.
- May 15, noon: Final schedule announced. Games will be at Magnuson from 10-6. I will schedule games as early as possible, but depending on tourney demand, there might be some evening games.
Please review the paperwork requirements in the Rules section below.
The schedule is here
Beat The Bridge will be held on Sunday, May 21st
The race begins in front of Husky Stadium and runners head south across the Montlake Bridge. Please plan your trip to the tourney accordingly.
The specific street closures and times are as follows:
- Montlake Boulevard south of Pacific - 7:45 - 8:45 AM
- 24th, south of Roanoke - no closure
- Boyer, east of Lynn - no closure
- Montlake Place, 19th and Lynn, west of 19th - 8:25 - 9:25 AM
- Boyer/Fuhrman, west of Lynn to Eastlake - 8:30 - 10:00 AM
- Pacific St, from Brooklyn to Montlake - 8:15 - 10:15 AM
- Montlake Boulevard, both directions, north of Pacific - 7:30 - 10:00 AM
- 45th Ave NE - no closure
- Burke Gilman Trail from 44th to University Hospital - extremely congested 8:00 - 10:00 AM
Please note that, throughout the event, NE Pacific Avenue will be closed to all traffic. Because of the closure on Montlake Boulevard, it will be quite congested in this area and residents should allow plenty of time.