Spring Jam Elementary School Tourney
- Teams will play a round-robin format and will play three or more games.
- Games will be hard capped at 60 minutes after the round begins. Rounds are 75 minutes. There is no soft cap.
- Games are to 11 points or until the hard cap, whichever comes first.
- Teams each have one 90-second timeout per half, regardless of overtime (different from USA Ultimate rules).
- Unless teams agree otherwise, games will be played on an abbreviated field: 35 yards wide by 90 yards long, with 20-yard end-zones.
Registration and Important Dates:
The registration fee is $90 per team.
- May 30, noon: Registrations and rosters due. Bids will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- May 31, noon: Final schedule announced. All teams should be prepared to play between 12pm and 8:45pm. I will schedule games as early as possible, given the field space available.
- June 1, 12:00pm-8:45pm: Tournament day, Magnuson Park and possibly Lower Woodland 02.
Please review the paperwork requirements in the Rules section below.
- Games will be played by the Official Rules of Ultimate, 11th Edition (mobile version), with a few minor exceptions outlined in the "Competition Details" section above.
- The Captains' Clause (I.C) is in effect, meaning that any game rule (except maximum time limit) may be changed if both coaches agree prior to the game.
- This is a school-based tournament, meaning that all players on a team should attend the same school. However, because it is a late season tournament, this rule is flexible. For Spring Jam, teams made up of players from more than one school are not required to apply for an exception to the Eligibility Rules. They need only notify the Tournament Director (TD) of their situation at the time of registration, or by email before the tournament. To maintain the integrity of competition, please limit the number of schools represented on one team (no all-star teams, please). Consortium teams will be accepted at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- All teams must have an adult coach or active adult supervision! The coach must be at least 19 years of age.
- Teams must field a minimum of 3 girls. In order to promote girls in ultimate, more girls may be fielded if a team wishes. Gender ratio matching is not required. Teams must play down if they cannot field 3 girls.
- Please follow all park rules. This includes no dogs on any athletic fields (grass or synthetic), and no food on synthetic fields. Please follow these and all other park rules, or we could lose our field privileges.
- Each coach must have submitted a signed Coaching Code of Conduct (CCC), which requires training in the management of head injuries and concussions. Coaches who have already submitted a CCC for another 2013 event (e.g., spring youth leagues) do not need to submit a second CCC.
- The coach must submit a signed DiscNW Youth Participation Agreement and Release and Concussion Information Sheet for each player on the roster.
- Players who have already submitted a waiver for another 2013 event (e.g., spring youth leagues) do not need to submit a second waiver.
- Coaches should keep their own hard copy of the first page of this packet and bring it to the tournament and practices, since it contains a medical authorization which allows the coach to seek medical care for a player if the parent cannot be reached.
- Please alphabetize the player waivers by last name before submitting them.
Any team that fails to submit its paperwork before play will not be permitted to participate.