- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Redmond, WA
Held every July in Redmond, Washington, Potlatch is one of the largest co-ed ultimate tournaments in the world. Now in its 26th year, the event draws teams from across North America (and a few from even farther away) with its potent blend of sun, fun, and ultimate. The tournament always showcases ultimate's unique spirit and some of the sport's most amazing athletes.
What: Potlatch 2015
When: CONFIRMED July 3 - July 5, 2015
Where: Redmond, Washington (15 miles east of Seattle)
Who: The Northwest Ultimate Association (a.k.a., DiscNW)
Sunday bracket assignments are posted here. Find your team's bracket (A-E) and seed (1-16).
The Program File (big .pdf) is here.
Look on this file for the game schedule after you know your bracket assignment.
In the bracket diagrams, the game numbers are circled. To look up your game on the schedule, you use this circled game number. See the Program File for details.
Schedules will be posted at Tournament Central by about 8am Sunday morning.
Youth Player Eligibility Potlatch is an 18+ event. Only players 18 years or older are eligible to participate.
Gifts – Please keep up the Potlatch tradition of exchanging gifts with the teams you play. Teams will get 3 games on Friday and Saturday, and 2 to 4 games on Sunday.
- Host venues – Treat our hosts with the utmost respect, or else we will not be welcome back!
- Broken glass can cause injuries and can present a very dangerous environment for other park participants that use the fields after us. So, NO GLASS will be allowed at 60 acres park. If your team is seen with glass containers of any kind, you will be asked to immediately dispose of it in a recycling receptacle or dispose of it properly offsite (put it in your car).
- 60 acres park is a public area where nudity is not permitted.
- The shower facilities are for showering only. Go in, get clean, get out. There will be plenty of time later and in more appropriate locations to quench your thirst. There will be bag checks as you enter the shower facility to ensure their No Alcohol policy is followed. Please bring your own towels.
- Camping – camping is allowed from Thursday night (5pm) through Monday morning (10am). Check out this link to view approved camping areas as many things have changed since last year. Unfortunately, several campers had items stolen from their tents last year. Please take precautions.
- As usual, camping is allowed around the perimeter of the fields with a few exceptions. All tents must be placed within 15 feet of the fence line that surrounds the park. Along the south side, camping is only allowed in the west corner near Field 8. On the north side, camping is not allowed in the east corner near Fields 29 & 30.
- This year, camping is permitted on the hill just east of the fields. Any grassy area on the slope is open for camping. Please avoid the woody areas. Please do not set up your tents on any area inside of a field line. That includes any painted soccer lines as well as any port-a-field ultimate lines or other barriers. Please do not set up your tents in any area labeled as off limits on the camping map.
- No Alcohol – if any Tournament Director, Staff Member, or Security Personnel asks a Potlatch participant to adhere to the No Alcohol policy because of a lack of discretion, that person must comply immediately. Any acts of non-compliance will result in that person and their team being directed to leave the tournament immediately. Don’t forget – NO GLASS!
- No fireworks, No flames – No exceptions! If anyone is caught lighting a flame to anything, they (and their team) will be asked to leave Potlatch immediately
- We will be carding at the party. Bring your IDs! The party at Redhook will be in front of the brewery this year in the Grassy Bowl. Feel free to bring blankets or lawn chairs to use on the grass. You will not be allowed to bring in liquids of any kind.
- No dogs – Seriously, no dogs. We can’t have them on the fields.
- Carpooling – Gas is expensive, and with so many teams, parking will be limited. Please carpool as much as possible.
- A note about the 520 bridge toll - here is a link about rates: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Tolling/520/520tollrates.htm
- Pools and slip-and-slides are not permitted at 60 Acres for Potlatch.
We’ll be in touch with local area teams to talk about your volunteer tasks.
If you have room for extra players on your team, please post a message on the DiscNW Bulletin Board stating your desire for pickups. There are many, many players who would love a chance to play.
Follow us on Twitter@PotlatchTourney
- February 1: Bid window opens
- February 24: Bid window closes for international teams*
- March 1: International bids awarded*
- April 30: Bid window closes, registration essay due
- May 15: Bids awarded
- May 30: Final payment due, all checks are deposited.
* A limited number of bids will be reserved for teams traveling from outside of North America. In order to be eligible for one of these bids, teams must submit all of their registration materials, including a deposit check, by February 24th. Teams from outside of North America who do not submit their bid materials prior to the February 24th deadline will be eligible for a bid within the later bid window timeline.
Please note the following refund policy for teams that drop after May 30.
- 6/1 to 6/16 - Teams that drop during this window forfeit $300 of their registration fee
- 6/17 to 6/23 - Teams that drop during this window forfeit $600 of their registration fee
- 6/24 or later - No refund
This policy may be adjusted (at the TDs' discretion) for teams who are let into the tournament after the normal dates due to being originally waitlisted (and other extenuating circumstances).
Have questions or comments? E-mail the Potlatch Tournament Directors at email@example.com.