- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
Held every July in Redmond, Washington, Potlatch is one of the largest co-ed ultimate tournaments in the world. Now in its 24th year, the event draws teams from across North America (and a few from even farther away) with its potent blend of sun, fun, and ultimate. The tournament always showcases ultimate's unique spirit and some of the sport's most amazing athletes.
What: Potlatch 2014
When: July 4 - July 6, 2014
Where: Redmond, Washington (15 miles east of Seattle)
Who: The Northwest Ultimate Association (a.k.a., DiscNW)
Why: 'Cuz it's so much fun!
Hey Potlatch Fans! This year marks the 25th Anniversary of our glorious tournament and we need your help. We are looking for input on the theme this year for Potlatch, so we're gonna do a contest. In 5 words or less. Tell us what the tagline for Potlatch 25 should be via twitter. Tag your twitter post with the following hashtag: #Potlatch2014. The winning theme will get some free swag from the tournament. Submissions are due by Monday 2/3 at 5pm PST.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
- February 1: Bid window opens
- February 24: Bid window closes for international teams*
- March 1: International bids awarded*
- April 30: Bid window closes, registration essay due
- May 15: Bids awarded
- May 30: Final payment due, all checks are deposited.
* A limited number of bids will be reserved for teams traveling from outside of North America. In order to be eligible for one of these bids, teams must submit all of their registration materials, including a deposit check, by February TBD. Teams from outside of North America who do not submit their bid materials prior to the February TBD deadline will be eligible for a bid within the later bid window timeline.
Please note the following refund policy for teams that drop after May 30.
- 6/1 to 6/16 - Teams that drop during this window forfeit $300 of their registration fee
- 6/17 to 6/23 - Teams that drop during this window forfeit $600 of their registration fee
- 6/24 or later - No refund
This policy may be adjusted (at the TDs' discretion) for teams who are let into the tournament after the normal dates due to being originally waitlisted (and other extenuating circumstances).
Have questions or comments? E-mail the Potlatch Tournament Directors at email@example.com.
- Games to 15, Point cap at 17
- Mirror Half
- Soft Time Cap: finish the point and add 2 to the highest score. Game ends when first team reaches new game total, or when first team reaches 15 ahead by at least two points, whichever comes first. Horn is blown 35 minutes before the start of the next round.
- Hard Time Cap: finish the point. If the game is not tied, it is over. If the game is tied, play one tiebreaker point. Horn is blown 25 minutes before the start of the next round.
- 2 Time-outs per half, time-outs are 90 seconds
- Playing by 11th Edition Rules
- 4:3/3:4, offense chooses
- Gifts and Cheers between games, please.