- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Redmond, WA
Held every July in Redmond, Washington, Potlatch is one of the largest co-ed ultimate tournaments in the world. Now in its 28th year, the event draws teams from across North America (and a few from even farther away) with its potent blend of sun, fun, and ultimate. The tournament always showcases ultimate's unique spirit and some of the sport's most amazing athletes.
When: July 1 - July 3, 2017
Where: Redmond, Washington (15 miles east of Seattle)
Who: The Northwest Ultimate Association (a.k.a., DiscNW)
Registration is open as of March 3rd. Make sure you submit all 4 parts of the registration by the April 30th deadline. More information about registration requirements can be found on the registration page.
Youth Player Eligibility Potlatch is an 18+ event. Only players 18 years or older are eligible to participate.
Gifts – Please keep up the Potlatch tradition of exchanging gifts with the teams you play. Gifts should be something that represents your team or the area you are from and should not be Alcoholic or illicit in any nature. Teams will get 3 games on Saturday and Sunday, and 2 to 4 games on Monday, so plan on rough 8 to 10 gift packages.
- Host venues – Treat our hosts with the utmost respect, or else we will not be welcome back!
- Broken glass can cause injuries and can present a very dangerous environment for other park participants that use the fields after us. So, NO GLASS will be allowed at 60 acres park. If your team is seen with glass containers of any kind, you will be asked to immediately dispose of it in a recycling receptacle or dispose of it properly offsite (put it in your car).
- 60 acres park is a public area where nudity is not permitted.
- The shower facilities are for showering only. Go in, get clean, get out. There will be plenty of time later and in more appropriate locations to quench your thirst. There will be bag checks as you enter the shower facility to ensure their No Alcohol policy is followed. Please bring your own towels.
- Camping – camping is allowed from Friday night (5pm) through Tuesday morning (10am). We will be using a new lottery system to assign camping on the flat portions around the field. The hillside camping will still be first come/first served. Unfortunately, several campers had items stolen from their tents last year. Please take precautions.
- As usual, camping is allowed around the perimeter of the fields with a few exceptions.
- All tents must be placed within 15 feet of the fence line that surrounds the park.
- Along the south side, camping is only allowed in the west corner near Field 8.
- On the north side, camping is not allowed in the east corner near Fields 29 & 30.
- Please avoid the woody areas.
- Please do not set up your tents on any area inside of a field line. That includes any painted soccer lines as well as any port-a-field ultimate lines or other barriers.
- Please do not set up your tents in any area labeled as off limits on the camping map.
- No Alcohol – if any Tournament Director, Staff Member, or Security Personnel asks you to dump out or stow away your drink, you must comply immediately. Any acts of non-compliance will result in that person and their team being directed to leave the tournament immediately. Don’t forget – NO GLASS!
- No fireworks, No flames – No exceptions! If anyone is caught lighting a flame to anything, they (and their team) will be asked to leave Potlatch immediately. This includes small backpacking stoves!
- We will be carding at the party. Bring your IDs! The party at Redhook will be in front of the brewery this year in the Grassy Bowl. Feel free to bring blankets or lawn chairs to use on the grass. You will not be allowed to bring in liquids of any kind.
- No dogs – Seriously, no dogs. We can’t have them on the fields, or tent area, and leaving them in the car is just not cool.
- Carpooling – Gas is expensive, and with so many teams, parking will be limited. Please carpool as much as possible.
- A note about the 520 bridge toll - here is a link about rates: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Tolling/520/520tollrates.htm
- Pools and slip-and-slides are not permitted at 60 Acres for Potlatch.
We’ll be in touch with local area teams to talk about your volunteer tasks.
If you have room for extra players on your team, please post a message on the DiscNW Bulletin Board stating your desire for pickups. There are many, many players who would love a chance to play.
Follow us on Twitter @PotlatchTourney.
- March 3rd: Bid window opens
- April 30th: Bid window closes, all registration materials due (Note: there is no separate bid window for International teams)
- May 15th: Bids awarded
- May 31st: Final payment due, all checks are deposited.
Please note the following refund policy for teams that drop after May 30.
- 6/1 to 6/16 - Teams that drop during this window forfeit $300 of their registration fee
- 6/17 to 6/23 - Teams that drop during this window forfeit $600 of their registration fee
- 6/24 or later - No refund
This policy may be adjusted (at the TDs' discretion) for teams who are let into the tournament after the normal dates due to being originally waitlisted (and other extenuating circumstances).
Have questions or comments? E-mail the Potlatch Tournament Directors at email@example.com.