Youth Club Hat League (2012)
Congratulations to the league champions!
- Reggie Eng won the award for best attendance, as the only player who attended all 6 nights.
- Sophie Johansen and Martin Horst won the league spirit awards.
- Sophie Johansen and Manny Eckert were the league's top scorers.
This is the 4th annual Youth Club Hat League, with an exciting format change to keep it fresh.
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Games will take place on Fridays from June 15 through July 27, from 6:30 to 8:30pm on the Magnuson Sports Meadow. Players should check in with the League Coordinator at 6pm to ensure that games start on time.
There will be no games on Friday, June 29 since many people leave town for the weekend before July 4.
LEAGUE FORMAT/TEAM FORMATION
This is a hat league, meaning the players sign up as individuals and are assigned to teams. New this year, we will assign new teams each week, as described below.
- Players will check in with the League Coordinator between 6pm and 6:30pm to indicate whether they would like to play single gender or coed Ultimate that night.
- The League Coordinator will create teams based on players' preferences and skill levels.
- There will be one coach per field, who will run warm-ups with the the two teams on that field, provide advice to both teams during the game, and record the game score.
- At the end of the game, coaches will report the score to the League Coordinator. We will keep individual scores, with each player earning the score that his or her team earned each Friday. The boy and girl with the highest individual score at the end of the season will each receive a prize.
- The most spirited male and female, as voted by the league participants, will also receive a prize.
- Players who attend every session will be entered into a drawing to win another league prize.
This is the qualifying league for the U19 Youth Club Championship (YCC) teams. Players who have been selected to the 2012 YCC teams may gain eligibility by playing in this league. Players who played in the 2011 version of this league need not participate in the 2012 league to gain YCC eligibility, but we hope you'll join us anyway! For more information on YCC eligibility requirements, visit our FAQ.
All players meeting the league age requirements (grades 8-12) are welcome in this league, whether or not they are on the YCC teams.
Please click on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link at the top of this page for more information about the league, including its relationship to the YCC.
The league fee is $40. Financial aid is available. When registration is open, a "Register Now" link will appear at the bottom of this section. Registration has been extended through Monday, June 18 at 9am.
Because this is a USA Ultimate (USAU) sanctioned event, there are a few extra paperwork requirements. Players must submit the following paperwork on or before the first day of play. Forms may be submitted at the fields or mailed to DiscNW at PO Box 85112, Seattle WA, 98145 (but must be received before June 15).
- For all players, a USAU waiver (unless already submitted in 2012). You can complete this by logging on to the USAU website, or you can complete the paper waiver (don't worry about the fees indicated on the waiver; DiscNW will cover those for you).
- For players under 18, a USAU Medical Authorization Form listing League Coordinators Bryson Uhrig-Fox, Bernard Lee, and Wynne Scherf as the chaperones.
- For players under 18, A DiscNW Participation Agreement and Release (unless already submitted for a 2012 DiscNW event).
Players will not be allowed to participate until this paperwork has been submitted.
Additionally, it is preferred that all players be USAU members. This is not a strict requirement of participation in the league, but you must be a USAU member to play on the Youth Club Championship teams. For information on USA Ultimate membership, click here.