Youth Development FUNd Run (2012)
Congratulations to our category winners!!
- Fastest Male: Cameron Stanish
- Fastest Female: Kristina Peck
- Best Team Theme: Tongue & Gruv
- Largest Team Turnout: Waldorf United (2011 runners up!)
- Largest Team Turnout Runner Up: Toolbox (second consecutive year!)
- Best Individual Costume: Frances Riordan's baby girl Lily, as "Elmo"
- Bicycle Commuter: Reggie Eng (volunteer)
- Raffle Winner: The Stanish Family
Come race in the second annual DiscNW Youth Development FunD Run/Walk 5K on Saturday, May 26, 2012, at Seward Park at 9:30am.
Money raised at the event supports DiscNW's Youth Development Fund. The Youth Development Fund provides support for activities and initiatives for youth from underserved populations. Examples include free or inexpensive youth Ultimate events and clinics, financial aid for DiscNW youth events, introduction of Ultimate to new youth groups, and more.
Worried about your speed? Don't be! You'll have the opportunity to make a monetary donation to shave precious seconds off your time, for the fastest 5K of your life! We also have fun, non-traditional prize categories for those who may be more light-hearted than light-footed:
- Largest team/group turnout
- Best team/group theme
- Best individual costume
- Fastest times (male/female)
And every participant receives a special edition Youth Development Fund disc!
Please make sure to support our sponsors:
- $30 before Thursday, April 26 ($5 savings over last year's fee!).
- $35 between Friday, April 27 and noon on Friday, May 25.
- $40 on the day of the race.
Please arrive at 8:30am to check-in. The run/walk begins at 9:30am.
Participants under 18 years old need to submit a DiscNW Waiver, unless the participant has already submitted one for an earlier 2012 DiscNW youth event (e.g., league or Spring Reign).
If registration is open, a "Register Now" link will be visible directly below this sentence.
- Complete the full course.
- Have fun.
- Give a youth Ultimate player a high-5!