Youth Club Championship (YCC) Team Tryouts (2012)
The 2012 USA Ultimate Youth Club Championships (YCC) will be in Blaine, Minnesota on August 11 and 12. For more information on the event, please click here.
In 2012, DiscNW will be sending three teams to YCC, each of which will carry 17-21 players:
- U19 mixed team
- U19 girls' team
- U19 open team
To be eligible for the three U19 teams, players must meet the following requirements:
- Participated (i.e., played at least two games) in any of the following leagues: A) the 2011 or 2012 Boys' Youth Club Draft Hat League, or B) the 2011 or 2012 U22 Women's Draft Hat League. (The 2012 leagues will take place this June & July.)
- Must have been in grades 9-12 during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Must not turn 19 prior to June 1, 2012.
- Must live in the Northwest Region during the months of May through August.
Players who are selected for the DiscNW YCC teams will be required to pay all tournament-related fees by July 1. The cost will be around $950-1,300 per player. The fee covers plane tickets and other travel at the tournament, tournament lodging, coaches' stipends, uniforms, and field rentals.
There will be limited scholarships available to cover YCC dues. Click here for the scholarship application. Scholarship applications are due by June 1.
Tryout Dates & Information
Tryouts are $10 per player, to subsidize the cost of field rentals. Please scroll down all the way to the bottom of this page to register.
Attendance at all applicable tryout sessions, while not required, is expected:
- Sunday, May 6, 10am-2pm, Magnuson Park fields 3 & 4 (grass Sports Meadow): Boys' and Girls' tryout. All players interested in any YCC team should attend.
- Sunday, May 20, 10am-2pm, Magnuson Park fields 3 & 4 (grass Sports Meadow): Boys' tryout. All boys interested in the mixed or open team should attend.
- Sunday, May 20, 2pm-6pm, Magnuson Park field 3 (grass Sports Meadow): Girls' tryout. All girls interested in the mixed or girls' team should attend.
There may be player cuts after the May 6 session. This will be up to the coaches' discretion. Final team decisions will be made by the evening of Tuesday, May 22.
YCC Team Practices
Practices will begin the week of Monday, June 4. Tentatively, we have Mondays reserved for practices. Each team will practice 1-2 days per week. Any additional practices may take place on Wednesdays, Fridays, or Sundays. More details about practices will be posted later.
The YCC head coaches have been selected!
- U19 Mixed - Head Coach Frank Nam and Assistant Coach Jinny Eun
- U19 Girls - Head Coach Chris "Fozz" Forsberg and Assistant Coach Lisa Niemann
- U19 Open - Head Coach Alex Wells and Assistant Coach Steve Gussin
Registration will remain open until 11:59pm on Saturday, May 19. Players who can attend only one tryout will be considered, but players who have attended both tryouts will have more opportunities to showcase their skills for the coaches.