Summer Men's Hat League
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
- Seattle, WA
The men's league is a hat league that was started in 2003 to provide more opportunities for men's ultimate in the Seattle area. The men's hat league is a way to provide another option for summer ultimate. Once again, the league will be geared towards intermediate and advanced players, as well as college players home for the summer.
Registration opens April 23rd.
- All games will be played on Monday evenings at 6:30pm
- The season starts on June 4 and will finish on July 30 (not all teams will play on July 24 & 31, all teams will be scheduled for 7-8 games)
- There will not be a game on Monday, July 1st
- This is a men's only league
- The league is geared toward intermediate, advanced, and college players home for the summer
Game start times will be 6:30pm unless noted otherwise.
- 6/4: Magnuson
- 6/11: Magnuson
- 6/18: Jefferson (8:15PM)
- 6/25: Magnuson
- 7/2: NO GAMES
- 7/9: Jefferson (8:30PM)
- 7/16: Jefferson
- 7/23: Washington Park
- 7/30: Hiawatha Playfield
The registration fee is $65.00. Payment can be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Mens Hat, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145. Online registration opens in April 23rd.
- We use the USA Ultimate 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate for all DiscNW leagues, with the following additions, changes, and clarifications.
- Each team has two team time-outs per half. Time outs should not exceed 90 seconds.
- Games are played to 15 points, with a margin of at least two goals or until a cap is reached. The point cap is 17. There is no soft cap and the hard time cap begins 1 hour and 45 minutes after scheduled game start time.
- Teams mirror at halftime - the second half begins with a reversal of the initial choices regarding the team to receive the pull and which end zone they defend.
- The Contact Rule will be used. For a definition of the contact rule, see the second bullet point under “Experimental Rules” here.