- Registration Opens: January 25
- Registration Closes: February 24
- Captains Meeting: March 9
- League Starts: March 12
- Regular Season ends: May 21
- No games on Memorial Day weekend: May 28
- Playoffs*: June 3-4
*Playoffs will have a similar format as last year. All teams should plan to play on Saturday, and some teams will play Sunday.
Also please note that all teams must input initial rosters by the close of registration. Final rosters must be completed by 2nd week of play. Having accurate rosters helps the League Coordinators to ensure that teams are seeded and scheduled properly.
Other Important Dates
- March 4-5: PLU BBQ
- March 11 (Saturday): Slog in the Bog
- March 24-26: Northwest Challenge
- April 1-2: Udder Bowl & OnionFest
- April 8-9: Gandy Goose
- April 10-18: Passover
- April 15-16: USA Ultimate College Cascadia Conference Championships
- April 16: Easter
- April 22-23: Spring Reign (youth)
- April 29-30: USA Ultimate College Northwest Regionals
- May 6-7: Sunflicker
- May 14: Mother's Day
- May 20 (Saturday): Gnarly Gnines
- May 27-28: Bozofest
- May 28: Memorial Day Weekend - NO GAMES
- June 3-4: Flower Bowl
- TBD: Cal States
- If you know of confirmed dates for any TBD events, please email them to email@example.com.
- All regular season games will be played on Sunday. Teams will get at least 10 regular season games.
- Playoff specifics will be posted in the spring. Our goal is to schedule at least 2 playoff games for all teams.
- The gender ratio is 4:3 men:women. If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down. In the A division, offense can call 4 women and the opponent must match.
- For other divisions: each team is expected to respect another team's choice to play more than 3 women. If a team on offense calls for 4 women and the defensive team has enough players to accommodate matching (six or more), they should match. Please discuss your plans with the other team's captain prior to your game.
- All teams must complete a roster in accordance with the Roster Policy
- This is an 18+ event in accordance with the Team League Participation Policy. Please contact the Coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Contact your opponent’s captain via e-mail and let them know of your situation. Copy us (email@example.com) on this correspondence.
- Notify your opponents at least 4 days in advance if you are unable to field a team for a game. Forfeits should be recorded 1-0.
- Even if you are able to make an easy change and don’t need to contact us for fields, etc., let us know of the change regardless. Your unused field can be of use to someone else.
Teams are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. We typically have room for 50-54 teams. Teams registering after the league is full will be added to the waitlist, and we'll do our best to accommodate waitlist teams.
The team fee this year is $1,030.24 (includes sales tax). The team fee must be paid in full by the close of registration. Teams that have not paid will not get a schedule and will be replaced with waitlist teams.
Payment may be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Spring League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145. Please note the team name on the memo line of the check.
Please note: We will do our best to accommodate all schedule requests. However, please limit your weekend off request to a max of 2. Any more than that and we may not be able to schedule you for a full slate of games (we're aiming to get at least 10 regular season games per team again this season).
If you are a free agent looking for a team, please check out this helpful forum post for information.
Most games will be played on the synthetic fields at Magnuson Park with ultimate lines. Many other games be played on synthetic fields in Seattle including Jefferson (synth with ultimate field lines!), Delridge (ultimate lines and markings!), and others. Our 2017 Spring Seattle permit is here.
On game days, please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-504-3472 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
This year we will also be broadcasting game day updates via Twitter. Please note that Twitter use is not intended to replace the DiscNW hotline. In fact, the hotline will continue to be the definitive place to receive information. We will make every attempt to tweet messages that are made on the hotline, but this may not always be possible.
Questions or Comments?
Contact the League Coordinators Nate Merrill and Julie Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org.