DiscNW Youth Ultimate Coaching Clinic
- Event Type
- Event Start
- Event End
- Ren Fitness, Ballard
This is a free course developed in Seattle to teach the skills necessary to coach beginning and intermediate Ultimate.
Participants will receive instruction from some of the best Ultimate coaches in the nation and written materials created by those instructors.
Who should attend?
Any person who wishes to teach one of the fastest-growing sports in the country! The Beginner course is best suited for individuals who have fewer than 2 years of experience with coaching the sport of Ultimate. Here are examples of people who will enjoy the Beginner Ultimate Coaching Series:
- Elementary school, middle school, PE teachers.
- Novice coaches of teams participating in DiscNW and Seattle area youth leagues.
- Community center coordinators and/or recreation directors.
- YMCA instructors and youth recreation coordinators.
- Parents wishing to help their children start new teams at their schools.
- Church youth recreation leaders.
The Intermediate coaching clinic will be perfect for those experienced coaches looking to take thier craft to the next level. Learn about developing team charters, drill creation and evolution and more.
What does the series include?
This course will be a 3.5-hour session. Sessions will include both classroom and hands-on components, taught by some of the best in the northwest. You may read more about them here. We have a gym reserved for the hands-on portions. Please bring snacks and water to keep you energized and focused.
Topics of the instruction will include spirit of the game, rules, throwing, and basic/intermediate offensive and defensive skills, in-game strategies, practice planning, drill development/progressions, team building and more. But this is not an exhaustive list; the program will mold to fit the needs of its participants.
We will offer three sessions in February 2017-
- February 2nd 2:30-6pm- Beginning Coaching for ES/MS League: This will be a good starting point for new coaches that have a basic understanding of the game of ultimate. Open to anyone. 20 spots available
- February 11th 2:30-6pm-Beginning Coaching for women: This is the same material covered in the other level 1 course but this session is open only to women looking to join the coaching ranks.
- February 26th 2:30-6pm-Intermediate Coaching for MS/HS League: This session will offer extended lessons for more experienced coaches looking to grow and expand their coaching abilities.
Level 2 Coaching for MS/HS League Feb 26th 2:30-6pm
This session will offer extended lessons for more experienced coaches looking to grow and expand their coaching abilities.