Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps
- Camp Safety Policy & Emergency Plan
- Financial Aid
- First Day Info / What to Bring to Camp
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Memorial Scholarships
- Register Now
Morning Check in
When you arrive at camp there will be counselors there to point the campers in the right direction. Camp check in will be on Field # 5 (Rugby field)
- The 8/9 year old group will meet under the BLUE FLAG.
- The 10/11 year old group will meet under the RED FLAG.
- The 12/13 year old group will meet under the YELLOW FLAG.
- The high school group will meet under the GREEN FLAG.
The best way to get to the sports meadow is to enter Magnuson Park at NE 74th St and Sand Point Way NE and proceed to the big main parking lot. The path to the meadow is next to the big playground. We request that all campers enter from this entrance and not from the entrance on the lake side near kite hill. Here is a park map with the sports meadow, parking lot, walking path, and Brig. Click on each colored area or label to get exact locations.
Please have your child check in & out everyday upon arrival & departure. We request that the person picking up the campers in the 8-9 and 10-11 year old sessions to check in with one of the counselors when that child is picked up. Counselors escort campers to the parking lot from the fields at the end of the day. Camp staff will be at the fields at least 15 minutes before camp starts. Roger Crafts, the onsite Camp Director, will be available. If your child is going to be absent, please tell Roger or the lead counselor for the age group and email us the day before. At the end of the day, camp staff will stay at Magnuson until all the campers are picked up. Camp Directors will email all parents of campers who are absent from camp, even for those campers who have communicated child is going to be absent. This safeguard ensures that all campers are properly accounted for by staff and by parents.
Please bring to camp everyday:
- At least 64oz of water - There are no water fountains or sinks at the fields. Campers will refill water bottles whenever necessary and during lunch. Campers are reminded to hydrate every hour.
- Sunscreen/sun block/sun hat/sunglasses - Campers are reminded to apply sunscreen several times during the day.
- Snack and Lunch - Please be careful about nuts in food. There are children with nut allergies attending camp. Please bring a backpack or sports pack to store the food during camps so that crows cannot (as they have in the past) get into the food.
- Particular medical needs (inhaler, bee sting kits, diabetes kits, ankle braces, etc.) - Make sure counselors know where these kits are kept for your child.
- Cleats, shorts, extra socks; raingear if necessary.
We will be using the Brig building everyday for lunch and to get out of the weather. We will also be using the Brig if we have to evacuate the camp for severe weather or for any other reason.
Camp Co-Director Roger Crafts will be the onsite camp director. His cell phone number will be emailed to parents prior to the start of camp.
We will have a certified athletic trainer on site to take charge with any injuries or medical situations.
Mike Mullen and Roger Crafts, DiscNW Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps Co-Directors