Fall Bid Volunteer Registration
- Event Type
- Event Start
- Event End
- Swedish Club
Fall Bid is DiscNW's annual fundraiser for the Youth Development Fund, which finances youth activities and initiatives designed to promote the sport of Ultimate and support the participation of underserved populations in the sport. Examples include free or inexpensive youth Ultimate camps, financial aid for DiscNW youth events, grants for new youth groups, disc donations, and more.
DiscNW needs adult and youth volunteers who are at least 13 years of age to help with a few tasks in the week before the event as well as with set-up, implementation, and clean-up on the day and evening of the auction.
Date, Location & Transportation
- The event is on Saturday, November 11, at the Swedish Cultural Center (1920 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109)
- Parking in the lot below the building will be free-of-charge for auction staff and volunteers. You must enter the lot off the alley . You may be required to provide your license plate at the front desk when you move upstairs from the parking lot. Space in the lower lot is limited, so please take a bus or carpool in order to leave plenty of parking for the auction guests.
Volunteer Duties & Expectations
We will need some volunteers in the week before the event, but most volunteers will work between the hours of 2:30pm and 11pm on November 11.
At 6pm, we will serve pizza dinner to volunteers. We will also have some snacks available before and after dinner.
Here are some examples of tasks volunteers may do:
- Run errands before or during the auction (e.g., going out to buy things or to pick up printing)
- Prepare and put up decorations
- Arrange silent auction items on tables
- Prepare game materials
- Take photos
- Help check people in and out
- Sell raffle tickets
- Administer games during the silent auction
- Answer questions about items during the silent auction
- Bag auction winnings
- Record bidders and amounts bid
- Tear down decorations
There may be some busy and some slow periods during the event. We will provide a room for volunteers to relax and eat dinner during the slow periods.
- Please bring a book, knitting, or games to occupy yourself during slow periods.
- Please be available in the room so that we can find you if we suddenly need help.
For adult volunteers: per our special occasion liquor license, volunteers and staff at the auction are not permitted to consume alcohol. (Obviously, youth volunteers will not be permitted to handle or consume alcohol, either.) We will provide non-alcoholic beverages for volunteers and staff.
You have two options for attire:
- A clean (unstained) Ultimate jersey representing your team, with a black pair of pants and black shoes (no athletic pants or pajama pants, please), or
- Semi-formal clothing (e.g., slacks or skirt with a blouse, sweater, or collared shirt).
Please press your clothing for a professional look.