Elementary School Coed Spring League (2012)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting in late February or early March. Topics will include league logistics, schedules, rules, expectations of coaches, and management of head injuries.
- This league uses the Official Rules of Ultimate, 11th Edition.
- The on-field gender ratio for this league is 4 boys: 3 girls.
- All players on a team must attend the same school. All exceptions must be approved by the Eligibility Committee. Applications are due by February 6. Please refer to the Eligibility Rules for details and for information on this process. Note that the Eligibility Rules have been revised for 2012.
- Teams are required to have an adult coach present at all games. The coach must be at least 18 years old.
- Please follow all park rules. This includes no dogs on athletic fields, and no food on synthetic fields. Please follow these and all other park rules, or we could lose our field privileges.
- In order to be eligible for post-season play and for the league Spirit of the Game award, a team must report all of its game scores and Spirit scores promptly. Scores for the entire season must be reported no later than 11:59pm on the Sunday following the last Saturday of regular play (so, Sunday May 13).
- All league-specific rules will be outlined at the coaches' meeting. Minutes will be provided after the meeting.
The following paperwork is due by Wednesday, March 14.
DiscNW prefers electronic copies of the paperwork, emailed to . If you need to submit hard copies, please bring them to the coaches' meeting or mail to DiscNW at the address in the upper right corner of the website.
- The coach must submit a signed DiscNW Youth Participation Agreement and Release and Concussion Information Sheet for each player on the roster. Coaches should keep their own hard copy of the first page of this packet and bring it to all games and practices, since it contains a medical authorization which allows the coach to seek medical care for a player if the parent cannot be reached. Please alphabetize the player waivers by last name before submitting them.
- All coaches are required to sign a Coaching Code of Conduct form, which outlines coaches' responsibilities while participating in DiscNW events, and which signifies that they have been educated as to the nature and risk of concussions and head injuries.
- Each team must submit a team roster. You may use the DiscNW Youth Team Roster, or the roster may be in your own format, but it must include the name of the event, the year of the event, the school and team names, and the full names, grades, and genders of all players. Please alphabetize the player names by last name on the form.
- Whenever possible, schools should try to assemble teams based on grade level. Generally, the A division will be reserved for 5th grade teams, the B division for 4th grade teams, and the C division for 3rd grade teams. In the event that the league cannot support three divisions, the A division will be for 4th/5th grade teams, and the B division for 3rd/4th grade teams.
- Since some schools do not have enough players to field a team or teams of players from a single grade, teams may be comprised of players from multiple grades. League Coordinators will do their best to place those teams in the appropriate division.
- Schools with more than one team will automatically have one team assigned to the A pool. The other team(s) may play in any division, provided that all other guidelines are met. This ensures that the pools are all approximately the same size.
- Teams with 5th graders may not play in the lowest division.
- DiscNW league staff and volunteers reserve the right to make exceptions to these guidelines when deemed to be appropriate for league competition.