Summer Team League (2011)
Summer team league is for new or established coed teams and has something for various skill levels. The league has four divisions, and teams are placed in each division based on their experience to ensure close competition.
PLAYOFF SEEDINGS: (games schedules have been sent to captains)
|PLAYOFFS A POOL|
|1||Eats, Throws and Leaves|
|3||Blue Footed Boobies|
|4||Guard Seize Them|
|PLAYOFFS B POOL|
|3||Genghis Khan Wild|
|4||Fish Is Meat|
|PLAYOFFS C POOL|
|6||Stella! The Pirate King's Daughter!|
|7||Pan-Galactic Groove Squad|
|PLAYOFFS D POOL|
|2||More Cow Bell|
|8||Barrel of Monkeys|
|PLAYOFFS E POOL|
|2||Huckminster Fuller and the Dymaxion Projection|
|3||Bride of Bezerker|
|4||Just the Tip|
Registration ends on May 27th. Sign up now!
- This is an all-ages coed league, and all teams should play with a 4 men / 3 women (or 3 / 4 upon negotiation) gender ratio for all games. It is NOT bad spirit to keep play to 4 / 3 or 3 / 4.
- Games will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Games will start between 6:15pm and 9:15pm. Most games start at 6:30pm.
- We aim to schedule 7 regular season and 3 playoff games for all teams.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Payments can be made by credit card online or via check - the team fee is $735 - by sending one to us with your team name on the memo line at...
- Attn: Summer Team League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Team fees are due by the close of registration - Friday, May 27. If you don't pay by the deadline you won't play in the league. Teams that have not paid the fees in full by the deadline will have their registrations canceled, and their spot in the league may be given to a team on the waitlist. Click here for the DiscNW Payment Policy.
We will play most games in Seattle this season on the grass Sports Meadow at Magnuson. Some games will be in Shoreline and on the eastside.
- Seattle permits: The Magnuson park fields.
- Shoreline parks permits: Covers the Shoreline Center and Hamlin/Shorecrest fields.
- Marymoor: For games at Marymoor Park
- King County: For games at Big Finn Hill Park
- Registration Opens - April 29
- Registration Closes - May 27
- Captains Meeting - early June
- Season Starts - June 7
- Rosters to be finalized - June 16
- Regular Season Ends - July 28
- Playoffs - August 2-18
Looking for a team?
In general the DiscNW bulletin boards are a good place to find a team. Some teams post there when looking for players. Free agents also post there when trying to get on a team. There is a very helpful post on the DiscNW bulletin board about getting on a team: http://www.discnw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1157
Additionally, there are some hat events this Summer that are open to registration by individuals:
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for the Summer Team League.
More League Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones to games.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
- Dogs and alcohol are not allowed at park facilities.
Don't Be a No-Show
If a team needs to cancel or postpone a game they must notify the League Coordinators and the opposing team's Captains at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game. Any team that fails to give proper notification of cancellation two times during the season will be denied participation in the playoffs, and given last priority in future seasons.
Please start and end your game on time!!