Fall Team League (2011)
The Fall Team League is for new or established teams. Teams are divided into four divisions based on ability so that opponents exhibit a similar level of play.
Fall League is coordinated by Steff Neff and Shiney Joseph.
Regular season games will run through 10/30. Playoff games start on 11/5, continuing on 11/12 with Finals scheduled for 11/19/2011.
Finals is here! If your team is not scheduled to play during finals weekend, encourage your fellow teammates to come and watch the finals.
Teams seeded 1-4 in each of the pools will have a game on 11/19 either at 5:30 or 7:30 pm.
Detailed bracket information as well as the scheduled game time is posted along side each pool in the News section on this page.
A few games will not be listed with the general schedule because opponents will not be determined until Saturday:
ETL vs winner of A2/A3 at 7:30 pm at Shoreline Center A.1
Sidecar Winebar vs A3 at 7:30 pm at Shoreline Center A.2
All other game times are posted on your team's respective page.
Playoffs Standings - Week 2
A Pool (Bracket Information)
4 Sidecar Winebar
5 Blue Footed Boobies
6 Guard Seize Them
7 Space Invaders
8 Bad Hammer
B Pool (Bracket Information)
1 Deadliest Catch
2 Huckin Easy
5 Bad Pull?
8 Genghis Khan Wild
C Pool (Bracket Information)
1 Fish Is Meat
2 Warped Disk
3 Cluster Huck
4 Barrel of Monkeys
6 Tongue & Gruv
7 Pan-Galactic Groove Squad
D Pool (Bracket Information)
2 Disc Ninjas
5 The Huxtables
7 More Cow Bell
E Pool (Bracket Information)
1 Huckminster Fuller
2 Lord Geoduck, Son of Bezerker
3 What The Huck?!
4 Hammer Time
5 Chaos Theory
6 All In The Family
7 Mother Huckers
8 Just the Tip
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men :: 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- Games will be on Saturdays from early September - mid November (the specific dates will be confirmed soon, but we expect to have a 10 week season)
- Playoffs will probably be the last 2 weeks of the season.
- There will be 3 or 4 divisions of play based on team skill level depending on registration.
We will use mostly synthetic turf fields in Seattle, Shoreline, and Marymoor for the league this year. A few games will be on grass in Shoreline and Seattle. Games will be scheduled to start between 10 am and 7:30pm and most of our field reservations are for 5:30 and 7:30 pm.
Field permits can be downloaded here:
Online registration for teams is now closed. Registration does not mean an automatic acceptance of your team into the league.
The team fee is $725. Payment may be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Fall Team League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
Looking for a Team?
Are you a player in search of a team for the season? Your best bet is to post a note on the bulletin boards. See this post for helpful hints.
We will be using the USA Ultimate 11th Edition Rules.
Fall League Rules:
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Hard cap at 17.
- Time cap is 15 minutes before end of game…add 2 points to the highest score and play to that…hard cap is at the end of game time (i.e., 2 hours after game start time)
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game.
- No pickups allowed in playoffs. All players must be on your roster during playoffs
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half. Timeouts are 90 seconds. Timeouts are allowed in the cap, but keep them short!
- The Coach Rule is in effect for the league this year. A player from A/B pool may be a coach-player for a C/D/E pool team to help spread skills and knowledge across the pools. Due to schedule constraints, we are unable to promise avoid scheduling overlaps for games between the two teams.
- Players must be 18 or older to participate. This is an adult league in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy.
Please start and end your game on time