Spring Reign (2010)
- Food & Entertainment
- Local Links
- Other years: 2007 2008 2009 2011 2012 2013
Thanks to all teams and volunteers for an awesome Spring Reign 2010--the largest ever, with 90 teams!
Congratulations to the following winners!
Spirit: University Cooperative School
Champion: JS Wallingford Disc Deluxe
Spirit: Asa Mercer Middle School C
Champion: Charles Wright Academy 5
Spirit: Roosevelt Middle School
Champion: Salmon Bay Middle School A
Spirit: Island Pacific A
Champion: Charles Wright Academy A
Spirit: University Preparatory School B
Champion: Franklin High School B
Spirit: Charles Wright Academy
Champion: Franklin High School A
Spirit: Ballard High School
Champion: Nathan Hale High School
Follow us on Twitter!
Welcome to Spring Reign, the largest youth ultimate tournament in the world! Spring Reign is a coed tournament with divisions for elementary school, middle school, and high school teams. With teams from Washington, Oregon, California, British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, and beyond, this tournament will showcase some of the best competition in the Northwest!
The middle and high school tournaments will take place on April 24-25, 2010 (2-3 games each day). The elementary school tournament is a one-day tournament (3 games) on Saturday, April 24. All three divisions play at the Skagit River Park in Burlington, WA. The middle and high school divisions will be split into multiple pools to accommodate various skill levels.
Snacks and water will be provided for all players on both days of the tournament. Official tournament merchandise will be available for purchase. There will be an Athletic Trainer on site. Saturday afternoon will feature a club showcase game and free dinner for the players.
Click on the links at the top of this page for more information about lodging, local links/travel, food and entertainment, and rules.
Please note that there is a new registration process for Spring Reign 2010.
Over the past few years, Spring Reign has become a very popular tournament. As a result, we can no longer accept every team that wants to attend. The goal of the new registration process is to improve the transparency of registration for all teams and to create a fair method for determining which teams are accepted.
- Each team must complete an online registration no later than March 31. All teams will initially be placed on the waitlist, and all registrations will be listed on the event web page. It is up to each school to make sure that a registration is completed for its team(s).
- The Tournament Directors will select teams to be accepted into the tournament based on the selection criteria below.
- Teams that are accepted will be notified via email on April 4. Accepted teams must confirm their attendance and submit payment no later than April 10.
- Any spots not accepted will be offered to teams on the waitlist on April 11.
- Final schedules will be posted on the website on April 18.
- Out of town teams will be given priority in order to promote diversity at the tournament.
- Local teams that provide volunteers for the tournament and/or contribute to the Seattle ultimate community will be given priority.
- Schools attending Spring Reign for the first time will also be given priority.
|January 1||Registration opens|
|March 31||Bid deadline|
|April 4||Accepted teams & waitlisted teams notified|
|April 10||Payment & bid confirmation deadline for accepted teams|
|April 11||Waitlisted teams notified|
|April 18||Schedules posted|
|April 24-25||Spring Reign tournament weekend!|
- Payment for accepted teams is due on April 10. Scholarship applications are due on March 31.
- Online payment by credit card will be permitted between April 4-10 (for middle and high school teams only; elementary school teams must pay by check).
- Teams that wish to submit payment prior to April 4 may mail a check payable to DiscNW. If the team's bid is not accepted, the check will destroyed or returned. If the team's bid is accepted, the check will be cashed when the team confirms the bid.
- Payments must be made in US dollars.
- Checks should be mailed to DiscNW at PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145. Label the check with your team name, division, and "Spring Reign."
|Middle and High School||$340. Payment online or by check.|
|Elementary School||$175. Payment by check only.|
The following pieces of paperwork will be required in order to participate in Spring Reign. Information about paperwork deadlines and the tournament check-in process will be emailed to accepted teams on April 4.
- All players must complete a DiscNW waiver. This is a new DiscNW waiver form for 2010, which complies with the new Zackery Lystedt Law. Note that there are 3 pages, with signatures required on both page 1 and page 3. We ask that all coaches keep a copy of the front page, which includes a medical authorization, in case they need to seek care for a child in the parents' absence. It is acceptable to scan and submit the waivers electronically, if it as done by Monday, April 19. Otherwise, waivers are due at check-in on the morning of Saturday, April 24. Players who have already submitted a DiscNW waiver for another 2010 event (e.g., spring youth leagues) do not need to submit a second waiver.
- All coaches will be required to sign a Coaching Code of Conduct (CCC) form, which outlines coaches' responsibilities while participating in DiscNW events, and which signifies that they have been educated as to the nature and risk of concussions and head injuries. The training can be found here, in the table row labeled "Coaches." The CCC is due at team check-in on the morning of Saturday, April 24. Coaches who have already submitted a CCC for another 2010 event (e.g., spring youth leagues) do not need to submit a second CCC.
Registration is Closed
Registration is closed as of March 31. Feel free to contact the Tournament Directors at the Contact email listed at the top of this page with any questions.