Spring Team League (2008)
- Field Permits
- Other years: 2006 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
Spring team league provides a venue for coed teams at all levels to play in a competitive league. The league is divided into pools based on ability, so whether you are one of the best teams in town, or a group of relative newcomers, you can expect close games at your level. At the end of the season, all teams participate in league playoffs with bragging rights for the year at stake.
Congrats to Moonshine on winning the 2008 DiscNW Spring League! They defeated the Black Santas, D'oh, and Passive Aggressive to claim the cup.
Most Spirited Teams:
Masters: Fish Is Meat
C: Cat-Like Reflux & Accredit This...
D: Huckin' Easy & Badger
E: The Geoducks
More playoff results:
B: Services Rendered
C: Dublin Sombreros
E: Genghis Khan Wild
F: The Geoducks
The main parking lot closest to the Sports Meadow is going away, and construction is underway. If you have a game at Magnuson this season please use the parking lot near the Sand Point fields. Take the walking path that starts near the kids playground. This path leads directly to the playfields. Please leave yourself a little extra time.
Click here for a map of the construction limits and parking options.
- All games will be played on Sundays starting on March 9th and ending on May 18th.
- Playoffs will be on the weekend of May 31 - June 1.
- Gender ratio is 4:3 men:women. If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- All teams must complete a roster.
New in 2008 Spring League will have its own masters division. In the past all the teams with older players have requested to play against each other. Let's celebrate our community elders by creating a division just for them!
We are hoping to fill this division with 8-10 teams. These teams will all play each other once during the course of the regular season. The masters teams will also play a few crossover games against non-masters teams to round out the schedule. There will not be a separate playoffs for the division - masters teams will be mixed up with the non-masters teams for playoff brackets.
Teams can have no more than 3 players under the age of 30 on their roster. Only teams that would otherwise play in the B or C pool of Spring League can play in the Masters Division (sorry Santas, you're old enough, but you're too good).
Please note: We will do our best to accommodate all schedule requests. However, please limit your weekend off request to a max of 2. Any more than that and we may not be able to schedule you for a full slate of games (we're aiming to get 12 regular season games per team again in 2008).
Payment is accepted online. Checks are also accepted. Mail payment to...
- Attn: Spring League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Team fees are due by the close of registration - February 25. If you don't pay by the deadline you won't play in the league. Teams that have not paid the fees in full by the deadline will have their registrations canceled, and their spot in the league may be given to a team on the waitlist. Click here for the DiscNW Payment Policy.
Click the link to download the Magnuson Field Layout Diagram.Most games in March and April will be played on the sports meadow at Magnuson Park. Some games in May will be played at Magnuson. Others will be at South Park, Marymoor, and Soundview Lower. Playoffs will be somewhat scattered on Saturday as they were last year. We have Saturday fields booked in Shoreline and Snoqualmie already. All playoff games on Sunday will be on grass at Marymoor.
- Registration Opens - January 27
- Registration Closes - February 25
- Captains Meeting - Thursday, March 6 at 6:30pm, Green Lake Library
- Season Starts - March 9
- Roster Completion Deadline - March 16
- Roster Change Cut-off Deadline - April 27
- Regular Season Ends - May 18
- Memorial Day Weekend (no games) - May 25
- Playoffs - May 31 - June 1
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
Please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
Questions or Comments?
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will be used again this spring.
League Specific Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts (90 seconds) per half; mirror half. Timeouts (90 seconds) are allowed during a game cap.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
- There will be more updates posted here prior to the start of the season.
Please start and end your game on time!!