Fall Draft/Hat League (2008)
- Other years: 2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012
The Fall Draft/Hat League is a variation on the traditional hat league in which half of each team is drafted and the other half is selected at random. It's a fun league for players of all skill levels, and is a great way to meet new people.
Games for Nov. 9 are being rescheduled at different fields and times due to the weather. Please check back later for an updated schedule.
The fall draft/hat league is a 4:3 co-ed league. Players sign up to play as individuals, and then are either drafted or assigned onto a team. Captains participate in a live draft and are allowed to draft half of their team.
Players who sign up with buddies will automatically be drafted together.
This year, we will be using a new policy for captains who sign up with a buddy. Rather than have the buddy automatically count as the captain's first pick, the buddy will only count as a draft pick when he or she is drafted by another captain. The main reason for this change is that we do not want to discourage captains from buddying with new players.
Games will be played on Sundays in Shoreline and maybe Seattle. More information about fields and game times will be posted soon.
The league costs $40. Men, please note that there will be a lottery to allocate spots in the league.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will be used for the league.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 1 timeout per half and a floater; mirror half. Timeouts are 90 seconds. Timeouts are not allowed in either cap! Unlimited additional "teaching timeouts" are allowed in the first two weeks.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies. Team captains have been informed of all rules.
Please start and end your game on time!!