Summer Coed Hat League (2007)
- Other years: 2006 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
Participants in the summer hat league represent a wide range of skills and age groups. Many players who start in Verns league or the High School leagues continue to hone their skills in the summer hat league. The league is geared towards beginner and intermediate-level players, and is a great way to meet new people.
Lost and Found
• Can't find your cleats? Have you been missing that smelly old shirt? Check the lost & found forum.
As always, if you have any questions, let us know: .
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
On game days please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
You can contact the League Coordinators with questions or comments at .
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men :: 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- We will be playing on grass and turf fields in Seattle and Shoreline.
- Games will be on Fridays.
- Games will start between 6:30pm and 9pm.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration opened on April 27th. The league fee is $36 per player. Payments can be made by check (via mail) or on-line using a credit card online.
We have fields in Seattle and Shoreline booked for the league this year. More details will be posted prior to the season.
- Registration Opens - April 27
- Registration Closes - May 25
- Captains Meeting - June 13
- Season Starts - June 15
- Regular Season Ends - August 3
- Playoffs - August 10-24
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate has been approved by a vote of the UPA membership. The DiscNW Leagues Committee has decided to use these rules for all DiscNW events in 2007. DiscNW will provide Summer Hat League Captains with a complimentary rule book at the Captains Meeting. We also advise all players to review the online documents to familiarize themselves with the new changes.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
Please start and end your game on time!!