Communications and Customer Care Coordinator
- Event Type
- Event Start
- Event End
The Communications and Customer Care Coordinator develops and executes an annual communications calendar, maintains the organization’s website and social media content, creates compelling content for DiscNW, and manages customer accounts, registrations, and payments. The Communications and Customer Care Coordinator works closely with and reports to the Executive Director.
This is hourly, non-exempt regular part-time employment scheduled at 20-30 hours per week.
Salary Range: $17.75-$20.75 per hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: 20 days (pt) of paid time off, 7 (pt) paid holidays, a flexible schedule, and the ability to work from home at times.
- Monitor customer service email accounts and forward emails to the appropriate staff or volunteer.
- Check the voice mail, forward messages, and update the DiscNW hotline
- Develop and maintain an organization-wide communications calendar.
- Produce content for DiscNW’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts.
- Produce content and manage production for digital publications such as our e-newsletter, annual report, donor communications, and program announcements.
- Develop and execute strategies for reaching more of our target audiences. Compile and maintain audience lists.
- Produce content for and maintain the DiscNW websites.
- Work with program staff to communicate results and findings from projects and programs.
- Attend Tuesday morning all-staff meeting.
- Assist with board, committee, and fundraising events as directed, to include coordinating meetings across the organization.
- Provide support for the Communications, Proofreading and Financial Aid Committees.
- Assist constituents with accessing their DiscNW website accounts as needed.
- Reconcile payments with customer accounts in the DiscNW Website, and process refunds.
- Track participant paperwork and communicate with participants to complete required waivers.
- Assist staff tracking and announcing scholarship awards; apply discounts for applicants.
- Track and data enter volunteer hours using Little Green Light.
- Understand and support DiscNW’s mission.
- Clear, compelling communicator.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Interest and expertise in fostering equity, inclusion and diversity.
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Professional experience managing social media accounts.
- Intermediate-level experience with, Mail Chimp and Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Docs, advanced-level preferred.
- Ability to connect easily with people.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member.
- High level of organization, attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics
Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample compiled together as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Position open until filled.
DiscNW is committed to promoting a diverse work force and encourages women and minorities to apply.
DiscNW is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination.
DiscNW is dedicated to an equitable hiring process that recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of education history.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA Accommodations made upon request.
Applicants should be able to work at a desk/computer for an extended period of time. Work may include sitting, standing, twisting, turning, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of a building accessible via a narrow flight of stairs. We acknowledge this is not accessible for everyone. We are open to alternative arrangements if the right candidate requires reasonable accommodations.
Employment offers are contingent on verifying I-9 eligibility, presenting required documentation on the first day of employment, and satisfactorily passing required background screening.