DiscNW Administrative and Development Assistant
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
DiscNW – Job Posting
Administrative and Development Assistant
DiscNW is a growing and dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Seattle. We organize ultimate frisbee leagues, tournaments, camps, and clinics throughout the year for youth and adult players. The mission of DiscNW is to serve our vibrant community as a regional resource, promote the sport of Ultimate, and instill the spirit of sportsmanship at all levels of play. The DiscNW office is located in central Seattle.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, regular, part-time position scheduled at 20 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required for special events.
Salary Range: $15 - $18.75 per hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: 20 days (.5 fte) of paid time off, 7 (.5 fte) paid holidays, a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work from home 50% of the time after training.
The Administrative and Development Assistant will gain valuable administrative, event planning and fundraising support experience in a non-profit environment. Candidates should have at least 1-2 years’ experience in office administration or fundraising work, non-profit setting preferred. The Administrative and Development works closely with and reports to the Executive Director and supports the entire team on various projects.
Responsibilities General Administrative Support
- Monitor the customer service email and forward emails to the appropriate staff or volunteer.
- Check the voice mail, forward messages, and update the DiscNW hotline.
- Replenish office supplies, organize, and clean the office.
- Attend Tuesday morning all-staff meeting.
Customer Service and Constituent Support
- Assist constituents with accessing their DiscNW website accounts as needed.
- Reconcile payments with customer accounts in the DiscNW Website, and process refunds.
- Assist staff tracking and announcing scholarship awards; apply discounts for applicants.
- Track and data enter volunteer hours using Little Green Light.
- Data entry of donations into Little Green Light.
- Prepare thank you notes, and issue tax receipts using Little Green Light and Microsoft Office.
- Track and data enter items procured for our annual Dinner Auction, Fall Bid using Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, and Auction Maestro.
- Assist staff as directed managing details for the Fall Bid.
- Assist with setup and coordinate decorations for Fall Bid.
- Provide support for special-event fundraising as directed.
- Understand and support DiscNW’s mission
- 1-2 years of administrative experience, preferably in development or event planning
- High level of organization and attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate strongly and interact well with current and prospective members and donors in person, through email and over the phone
- Able to work both independently and as a team member
- Must exhibit sound judgment in confidential donor matters, and keep donor and constituent information confidential
- Proficient writing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Docs
- Database experience, preferable Little Green Light or other donor databases
- Some experience with QuickBooks, Survey Monkey, and MailChimp a plus
Please email a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com no later than Friday March 30th. Priority given to those submissions submitted before Friday March 23rd. Position open until filled.
DiscNW is committed to promoting a diverse work force and encourages women and minorities to apply.
DiscNW is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination.
DiscNW is dedicated to an equitable hiring process that recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of education history.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA Accommodations made upon request.
Applicants should be able to work at a desk/computer for an extended period of time. Work may include sitting, standing, twisting, turning, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of a building accessible via a narrow flight of stairs. We acknowledge this is not accessible for everyone. We are open to alternative arrangements if the right candidate requires reasonable accommodations.
Employment offers are contingent on verifying I-9 eligibility, presenting required documentation on the first day of employment, and satisfactorily passing required background screening.