- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Redmond, WA
Roster and Waiver Guidelines
Please Note: If you have already signed the liability waiver in 2017 for another DiscNW event, then the signed waiver will carry over to this event.
Step One: Create Player Accounts
We ask that all captains please encourage teammates to make a DiscNW account for themselves if they do not have one already. By doing so, this will allow the captain to auto fill the players’ names into the roster. The player’s account will then be connected to the team, which will allow them to complete the required waivers online and see their game schedule.
Instructions on how to create a DiscNW account:
- Create an account for the player.
- Go to www.discnw.org
- Click “New Account” in the upper right corner.
- Enter all required information for the parent and click “Create Account.”
Step Two: Create Team Roster
Captains: If any of your players do not have a DiscNW account, please collect a working email address from those players and enter it as you enter their name on the roster. This will allow you to email them the DiscNW e-waivers.
To complete your team's online roster, follow these instructions:
- Login to your discnw.org account and go to your profile by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting “Your Profile.”
- Click on the “Recent Teams” tab under your basic profile information. This tab shows all of the teams you have captained, coached or played for.
- Select the team for which you would like to set a roster. (Please note: your team must be registered for a league or event in order to set an event roster.)
- Make sure that the event name is listed correctly. To change the event listing for your team, use the "Other Events" drop down box next to the event name.
- Click the "Roster" tab below your "Team Information."
- Click the blue pencil icon on the right, under the "Roster" tab, to edit your roster.
- You have two options now:
- If your team has participated in a past DiscNW league or event, you can copy players from a previous roster for the team by using the "Copy Players from Another Roster" tool.
- You can add players one at a time by entering the players’ gender, names and e-mails. If a child has an account, their name should auto-fill as you are typing. Please select the auto fill option because then their account will be linked to the roster. If an auto-fill option does not appear, please see "Step 1: Create Player Accounts" above.
Step Three: Sign Player Waivers
If a player has a DiscNW account, then they sign the e-waiver by checking their "Reminders" on the DiscNW website. To find and complete an e-waiver using the "Reminders" feature, the player should follow these instructions:
- Login to your discnw.org account.
- Click on the bell icon at the top-right corner of the web page; then click on the "Reminders" link.
- Look for the "Unsigned Waivers" section and click on the "Sign Now" button. This will take the player to the waiver that needs to be signed.
- Read the waiver and type your name in the signature box at the bottom of the page to accept the terms of the waiver.
If a player does not have a DiscNW account, but provided an e-mail address that was entered when the coach added the player to the roster, then the coach may send a link to the e-waiver through the DiscNW website by following these instructions:
- Login to your discnw.org account.
- Go to the Potlatch webpage.
- Click on “Registration” and select your team name in the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that you are on the “Waivers” tab. You will see your team roster with a thumbs up next to those who have signed the waivers, and a thumbs down next to those who haven't yet signed or completed the waivers.
- Click on the “Send Waiver Reminders” box on the right, above your roster to send a link to the e-waiver to the players who have not yet signed the waivers.
- A pop-up window will appear. Please select the players who you wish to send the e-waiver link to (only the people who haven’t signed the waivers will be shown), add a message if you wish, and click “Send Emails.”
You can return to this page to check on your team’s waiver status before the tournament.
If you have any questions about the paperwork, please e-mail our Accounts Manager, Kate Speck, at email@example.com.