Emerald City Classic - Volunteers Needed
Seattle Riot and DiscNW are hosting Emerald City Classic, on August 30-31 at Skagit River Park in Burlington, WA. This year ECC is the Pro Flight Finale for USA Ultimate's Triple Crown Tour and will host the top 8 Open, Women, and Mixed teams from around the country.
We need volunteers to serve as score keepers and stat keepers for each game - 2 per field. Stat keepers will use a USA Ultimate supplied stat sheet to record goals scored, assists, turnovers and D's for each game and submit the score/stat sheets to tournament HQ at the end of each round. We are also looking for volunteers to fill water containers, enter stats into the computer, and consolidate trash. We are hoping to have about 30 volunteers each day.
Rounds start at 9am on both Saturday and Sunday. The tournament schedule can be found here.
Volunteers will be provided with a staff shirt and free food/drink while on shift. We ask that all volunteers be entering Middle School or older. If you have concerns about age, please let us know.
Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated, regardless of time length - one round or multiple rounds, one day or both. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a marquee Ultimate event, watch some amazing ultimate, and help out the national governing body as well as your local ultimate scene.
Please complete the form below if you want to help out!
Kate Kingery and Charlie Mercer
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
WA/BC Club Sectionals
Please mark your calendars: Sectionals has been scheduled for September 6-7 at the Skagit River Fields in Burlington, WA, hosted by DiscNW.
The start of the club post season means that official team rosters must be submitted to USAU. As a reminder, here are the rostering deadlines for this season:
- All teams that wish to participate in the Post Season Championship Series will need to use the online rostering system to create their Series Roster by Friday 5pm MDT on August 22. This applies to all teams, whether or not they participated in the Regular Season. A team must have a minimum of 10 players on its event roster in order to be considered registered for the Post Season.
- Roster Additions – After the August 23 team registration deadline, a team may add eligible players to their roster, up to a maximum of 27 total players, before 5pm MDT on September 2.
Thank you, Wynne. Welcome, Jude.
After a happy and successful tenure with DiscNW, Wynne Scherf will be stepping down as the Director of Youth Operations.
Under Wynne’s leadership, youth ultimate programs have grown significantly in the greater Seattle area. Wynne’s spirit has touched the lives of many of us in the ultimate community. In large part to her efforts, the Seattle scene is widely regarded as the youth ultimate archetype.
We at DiscNW have greatly appreciated Wynne’s service to the youth ultimate community. We are grateful to have worked with her, and we wish Wynne all the best.
Please join us in welcoming, Jude LaRene, the new DiscNW Youth Director!
Jude is a youth ultimate coach and long time ultimate player in Seattle. His business experiences will help DiscNW to continue to provide high quality playing opportunities for youth players at all levels. Jude brings a passion for the sport and for the community, and we are proud to have him join our team.
Jude will start full time work later this month, and he can be reached at email@example.com.
In early September we will host an open house in Seattle to thank Wynne and to welcome Jude. Look out for an announcement with more information soon.
Congratulations, YCC Players!
- U19 Girls won gold
- U16 Girls won gold and brought home the Spirit of the Game award
- U19 Boys lost a one-point game in quarterfinals, after going undefeated on Saturday, and finished with a win to tie for 5th
- U16 Boys won gold
- U19 Mixed finished 3rd, with a 5-1 record (and that loss only by 2 points).
To view full results schedules, visit the USAU event page.
If you'd like to support the YCC teams, who are still approximately $10k short of meeting their players' financial aid needs, please consider a donation to the DiscNW YCC Scholarship Fund:
- Click here to donate online, and shoot an email to to let us know it should go to the YCC Scholarship Fund.
- Checks can be made out to DiscNW and mailed to PO Box 85112, Seattle WA, 98145. Please write "YCC Scholarship Fund" in the memo line so that we know to direct it to the correct fund.
Thanks for your consideration!
Congratulations, Riot and Sockeye!
- Seattle Riot defeated San Francisco Fury for the gold, and also came home with the division's Spirit of the Game award.
- Seattle Sockeye lost a nail-biter to San Francisco Revolver, to bring home the silver.
You can watch the games at Skyd Magazine