Seattle Coaching Clinics
RISE UP is putting on a coaches conference next weekend. Please attend, send your coaching staff, and/or spread the word to other leaders you know. This will be a unique opportunity to connect with other community leaders and learn from the best.
- Date: February 13
- Time: 11am – 6pm
- Location: Seattle – Rainier Beach Community Center
The USA Ultimate Coach Development Program level 1 certification workshop has the goal of giving new tools to local coaches of youth (especially at the elementary and middle school levels).
- When: Sunday February 21, 2016; 8:30-5:00
- Where: Green Lake Elementary school (thanks to John!), 2400 N 65th Street, Seattle, WA
- What: The Level I program consists of two workshops (Coaching Ethics and Coaching Performance) in which coaches learn skills and techniques to introduce ultimate and its skills to new players. This workshop will be taught by Alex Wells, current coach of the UW men's team. He will have a custom curriculum to meet the needs of coaches of younger youth.
- Cost: $82.50 *
Summer Youth Ultimate Camps
Registration is now open for the 2nd annual Eastside Youth Ultimate Camps.
Scheduled dates for the 2016 Eastside Youth Ultimate Camps at Robinswood Park are:
- Session 1: Monday July 18 - Friday July
- Session 2: Monday July 29- Friday July 29
- Session 3: Monday August 1- Friday August 5
The camp day will run from 9am to 3pm on Monday through Friday. Registration is available for boys and girls entering grades 3-9. Campers will receive a camp disc and jersey as part of their $290 registration fee.
Registration will open soon for the 13th year of Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps, serving youth players from Seattle and beyond.
Scheduled dates for the 2016 Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps at Magnuson Park are:
- Session 1: Monday June 20 - Friday June 24
- Session 2: Monday June 27- Friday July 1
- Session 3: Monday August 15- Friday August 19
All Camps are 9pm-3pm. Sessions will host children ages 8 through high school. Campers will receive a camp disc and jersey as part of their $290 registration fee.
The bid window for Potlatch opens on Monday, February 1!
Held every July in Redmond, Washington, Potlatch is one of the largest co-ed ultimate tournaments in the world. Now in its 27th year, the event draws teams from across North America (and a few from even farther away) with its potent blend of sun, fun, and ultimate. The tournament always showcases ultimate's unique spirit and some of the sport's most amazing athletes.
What: Potlatch 2016
When: July 2 - July 4, 2016
Where: Redmond, Washington (15 miles east of Seattle)
Who: The Northwest Ultimate Association (a.k.a., DiscNW)
Field Marshals Needed For Youth Spring Leagues
We are looking for two more adult field marshals to help run our youth spring leagues. These shifts will be up to 8 hours a day on Saturdays, but quite often it will actually be fewer hours. Field marshals will be paid an hourly rate. The season will start mid-March and wrap up in mid-May. First aid training is preferred. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Spring Coed Youth Leagues
Registration is now open for spring youth leagues for elementary, middle, and high school teams.
- Elementary School Coed Spring League - This coed league is open to elementary school-based teams (grades 3-5), public or private. There will be divisions to accommodate different age levels with the addition this year of a 5 on 5 division for new teams. Teams can expect to play 6-8 regular season games, plus 1-3 playoff games. Games are on Saturdays on fields throughout the greater Seattle region.
- Middle School Spring League - This league is open to middle school-based teams (grades 6-8), public or private. Games are on Saturdays on fields throughout the greater Seattle region.
- High School Coed Spring League - This coed league is open to high school-based teams (grades 9-12), public or private. There will be 2-3 divisions to accommodate different age, skill, and experience levels. Teams can expect to play 6-9 regular season games, plus 1-3 playoff games. Games are on Saturdays. Games will most likely take place at fields in north and south Seattle, Shoreline, and Marymoor Park in Redmond.